DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Rooted my Droid, Now what?

  1. I r Teh Greetest
    Yonnor's Avatar
    Member #
    170735
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    815
    Liked
    30 times
    Twitter
    yonnor
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #1

    Rooted my Droid, Now what?

    So I rooted my Droid around 2 weeks ago, and love it so far. I've flashed the new Project Elite Gingerbread Rom, the RaidZero Recovery, and RZ Kernel. I love the new level of access I have with my phone now. I'm just kinda lost as to where to go next. So I'm asking you all:

    • What I should look into next?
    • Good Root only apps?
    • Advice on where to go from here?

    Thank you for any advice or help that you can offer.
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v3/Hyperdrive RSL15 |
    |
    |

  2. Developer
    winner00's Avatar
    Member #
    4915
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,112
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    expertontech
    Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post
    So I rooted my Droid around 2 weeks ago, and love it so far. I've flashed the new Project Elite Gingerbread Rom, the RaidZero Recovery, and RZ Kernel. I love the new level of access I have with my phone now. I'm just kinda lost as to where to go next. So I'm asking you all:

    • What I should look into next?
    • Good Root only apps?
    • Advice on where to go from here?

    Thank you for any advice or help that you can offer.
    Well if you want to get advanced you could learn how to build your own build of cyanogenmod 7. Compile CyanogenMod for Sholes - CyanogenMod Wiki

    If you don't have setcpu yet then I would get that. I would also get root explorer.
    Galaxy Nexus Setup
    Rom: My CM9 Kang
    Kernel: franco Nightly #135

    Theme: ICS
    Launcher: Trebuchet
    Recovery: Team Win 2.1


    Twitter: expertontech
    CM7 Thread with My Build for OG Droid





    Thanks for the donation!
  3. I r Teh Greetest
    Yonnor's Avatar
    Member #
    170735
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    815
    Liked
    30 times
    Twitter
    yonnor
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #3
    winner00 said:
    Well if you want to get advanced you could learn how to build your own build of cyanogenmod 7. Compile CyanogenMod for Sholes - CyanogenMod Wiki

    If you don't have setcpu yet then I would get that. I would also get root explorer.
    That sounds pretty complex, but I'm willing to learn so I will give it a look over. And I actually got JRummy's Droid Overclock app, which is similar to SetCPU.

    Also I've heard some stuff about this Metamorph theming but am not sure where to go about it?
    Last edited by Yonnor; 02-26-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v3/Hyperdrive RSL15 |
    |
    |

  4. Developer
    winner00's Avatar
    Member #
    4915
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,112
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    expertontech
    Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post
    winner00 said:
    Well if you want to get advanced you could learn how to build your own build of cyanogenmod 7. Compile CyanogenMod for Sholes - CyanogenMod Wiki

    If you don't have setcpu yet then I would get that. I would also get root explorer.
    That sounds pretty complex, but I'm willing to learn so I will give it a look over. And I actually got JRummy's Droid Overclock app, which is similar to SetCPU.

    Also I've heard some stuff about this Metamorph theming but am not sure where to go about it?
    Metamorph extracts the apks on your phone and replaces the images then puts the apk back together. Its kind on a dirty way of themeing. The best way to theme is to use the theme manager. You install the themes like apks and you change themes on the fly. I know cyanogenmod 7 has it because thats what I run. Now sure what other roms have it.
    Galaxy Nexus Setup
    Rom: My CM9 Kang
    Kernel: franco Nightly #135

    Theme: ICS
    Launcher: Trebuchet
    Recovery: Team Win 2.1


    Twitter: expertontech
    CM7 Thread with My Build for OG Droid





    Thanks for the donation!
  5. I r Teh Greetest
    Yonnor's Avatar
    Member #
    170735
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    815
    Liked
    30 times
    Twitter
    yonnor
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by winner00 View Post
    Metamorph extracts the apks on your phone and replaces the images then puts the apk back together. Its kind on a dirty way of themeing. The best way to theme is to use the theme manager. You install the themes like apks and you change themes on the fly. I know cyanogenmod 7 has it because thats what I run. Now sure what other roms have it.

    Ah ok I see, I'll check around the Project Elite Boards and see if they have anything similar. Thank you for your help
    .
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v3/Hyperdrive RSL15 |
    |
    |

  6. Master Droid
    adsfa34's Avatar
    Member #
    102412
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    418
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by winner00 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post
    So I rooted my Droid around 2 weeks ago, and love it so far. I've flashed the new Project Elite Gingerbread Rom, the RaidZero Recovery, and RZ Kernel. I love the new level of access I have with my phone now. I'm just kinda lost as to where to go next. So I'm asking you all:

    • What I should look into next?
    • Good Root only apps?
    • Advice on where to go from here?

    Thank you for any advice or help that you can offer.
    Well if you want to get advanced you could learn how to build your own build of cyanogenmod 7. Compile CyanogenMod for Sholes - CyanogenMod Wiki

    If you don't have setcpu yet then I would get that. I would also get root explorer.
    lol way to eaaase into it!

    i'm actually going to look into that -- looks like fun. i always have to hack my way around cm anyway, replace bits and pieces and take out pieces, so thank you!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Rooted SD card going into non rooted droid
    By Blackdragon4551 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 08:01 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 08:21 PM
  3. Already rooted, running UD10, easiest way to get to rooted 2.1 stock?
    By perret318 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
  5. Rooted > Bugless Beast > Overclocked > Unrooted > Waited for 2.1 > Rooted > Droid Mod
    By Where'sMyCoffe? in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 04:41 AM

Search tags for this page

i have rooted my droid x now what
,
i rooted my droid 4, now what?
,

i rooted my droid now what

,
i rooted my droid x now what
,

i rooted my phone now what

,
i've rooted my droid now what settings appearances
,

i've rooted my droid x now what

,
ive rooted my droid no what
,
my droid is hacked, now what?
,
now that i've rooted my android what next?
,
now that ive rooted my phone now what
,
rooted droid x now what
,

rooted my droid now what

,
what to do now that ive rooted my droid
,
www.i rooted my droid now what
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+