DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Best 1200 kernel?

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Best 1200 kernel?

My phone seems to be able to run pretty much any kernel out there so whats the fastest 1200 kernel preferably with the best battery life? I have read your mileage may vary but just don't understand why one kernel will kill 1 droid fast but not another.

I am running project elite 4.2.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Because not all cpus have the same qualities as other cpus in the same phone, for instance I can run 1266, but not 1300, where as other phones can run 1300, some droids can't run more than 800 and they become unstableunstable

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Raidzero 250-1250 is pretty tight

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    OG Droid
    Running Winner's Cyanogenmod 7 Nightlies with Raidzero's LV 250-1250 Kernel and Raidzero's awesome recovery
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by xxturbowesxx View Post
    My phone seems to be able to run pretty much any kernel out there so whats the fastest 1200 kernel preferably with the best battery life? I have read your mileage may vary but just don't understand why one kernel will kill 1 droid fast but not another.

I am running project elite 4.2.
    Because all CPU's aren't exactly the same. Therefor what kernel works best for me, may not work best for you, and may not work best for the next person coming along. Basically when you look for a kernel you want to do 2 things. You want to overclock your phone to the speed that you don't notice any lag, but at the lowest voltage your phone could handle at those speeds. The speed will be subjective, some people may not notice the difference between 900mhz and 1300ghz. Top speed isn't the best for everyone. Personally I don't notice a big enough difference in the higher speeds to justify the extra battery strain. I am not alone in that finding, but there are plenty of people that do notice the difference and go faster because of that.

The voltage won't be subjective, it will be what your phone can handle...which http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...id-system.html <-- is a semi-recent thread that goes more in depth of why different voltages and speeds run different for different people. OverClocking 101 <-- that thread is a little more in depth, but I am sure covers the why as well.

tl;dr There is no best kernel, you need to find the one that works best for your wants/needs by experimenting.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    1000mhz and 1200mhz ULV

Assuming they are on the same voltage the 1200 will drain faster than 1000.. I just don't understand why.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by xxturbowesxx View Post
    1000mhz and 1200mhz ULV

Assuming they are on the same voltage the 1200 will drain faster than 1000.. I just don't understand why.
    They aren't, the voltage scales. Peter Alfonso <-- there is a chart there, showing what I am talking about with his kernels. ULV should make those voltages a little lower than what you see there (I would assume at least). Voltages probably differ a bit between kernel devs too, which is one of the reasons why some kernels run different for everyone.

Still 1200mhz is going to be > 1000mhz in voltage.

Links