DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rom Manager- something went wrong

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid

Rom Manager- something went wrong

Ok I have a rooted Original Droid, I rooted it with Soup or root. Yesterday I installed Rom Manager on it, I created a backup, and tried to install CyanogenMod, when the phone rebooted it seemed to be reset, everything was like when I first got it, except for the fact superuser, is on it, it's still rooted. I can't open market, I got rom manager on there through g-mail but it says clockworkmod recovery is not flashed, (which is should be since I was able to use it just before rebooting my phone) and it wont let me flash CMR because it "can't connect to server" on good wifi and 3G. I got root explorer on there and and Im pretty sure I didn't lose anything, I just don't know how to restore that back up. Can anybody help?

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by djsnowflake View Post
    Ok I have a rooted Original Droid, I rooted it with Soup or root. Yesterday I installed Rom Manager on it, I created a backup, and tried to install CyanogenMod, when the phone rebooted it seemed to be reset, everything was like when I first got it, except for the fact superuser, is on it, it's still rooted. I can't open market, I got rom manager on there through g-mail but it says clockworkmod recovery is not flashed, (which is should be since I was able to use it just before rebooting my phone) and it wont let me flash CMR because it "can't connect to server" on good wifi and 3G. I got root explorer on there and and Im pretty sure I didn't lose anything, I just don't know how to restore that back up. Can anybody help?
    I think you used an old and out of date rooting method that probably doesn't work now. Go here and follow his directions: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Souporroot sucks. Hate to break it to you. So does ROM Manager for a lot of people, especially when it stops working or flat out breaks. When they work, they work great, but when they break...

Sounds like you're having a bad day. There are ways to fix it, but you're going to have to do the legwork yourself. Comfortable with that? I hope so!

BayouFlyFisher posted the right link. For FRG83D/2.2.1 it's the best method to root we have. You'll need a PC with Windows on it and Administrator access to do it. If you have Linux, you'll need a program called SBF Flash instead. If that won't work we have some other methods that can force the issue. Good luck and let us know!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Well my phone is still rooted, should I unroot and then re root the correct way.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I hate to hi-jack a thread, and also create a new one in regards to the same app. but I'm rooted, have Rom Manager, and am using Project Elite 4.2. I'm trying to backup / load a new rom....... every time I do this through Rom Manager, hitting backup first or even just straight wipe, the phone shuts down and reboots normally and does not back up or wipe.

Is there a reason why it's doing this? I've read that Rom Manager sucks, but it's all I know as of right now. What other apps could I use to back up / load roms?
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasko View Post
    I hate to hi-jack a thread, and also create a new one in regards to the same app. but I'm rooted, have Rom Manager, and am using Project Elite 4.2. I'm trying to backup / load a new rom....... every time I do this through Rom Manager, hitting backup first or even just straight wipe, the phone shuts down and reboots normally and does not back up or wipe.

Is there a reason why it's doing this? I've read that Rom Manager sucks, but it's all I know as of right now. What other apps could I use to back up / load roms?

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you posted and it did indeed work.

Thank you.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasko View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you posted and it did indeed work.

Thank you.
    Glad to hear it!! I used Clockwork for almost a year before recently switching to RZR 2.0. I never, ever had any faith in Rom Manager though. I know it mostly works now, but I've grown really fond of doing things (backups, installs, etc.) manually. It just gives me more opportunities to play with my phone!!

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    ok I have now unrooted, and re rooted using the method BayouFlyFisher suggested. Now what should I do to flash a new rom?
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Download the rom file and treat it just like the update.zip file you used to root. Make a backup and do a full wipe first, though. Just in case.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links