DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Z4root

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    ascend

Z4root

Ok so I downloaded the z4 root app and it says that my phone is rooted but I dont know what to do now so I need some help cause I dont want to accidently jack up my phone

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using DroidForums App
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One,Note 3, GNexus
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman451 View Post
    Ok so I downloaded the z4 root app and it says that my phone is rooted but I dont know what to do now so I need some help cause I dont want to accidently jack up my phone

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using DroidForums App
    Make sur you have an app call busybox normally z4root will download a copy for you but if you are not sure that you have it download the free version from then market open it , give it some time to do it's thing then it will tell you if you have a copy already if it says you do just exit the app then you can start with simple stuff like Wireless Tether use like a hotspot free in the market , Shoot me use to take pictures of your home screens free in market and and there are other apps that you can only use when you are rooted just search on the forums for rooted apps or apps for rooted phone . Play around with the for a while and read up on the forums on things a rooted phone can do . Then the sweetest thing installing roms read up on that and make sure you understand what is a rom and how to install it on a rooted phone . When you are ready to install a rom make sure and this is important make a backup which is called a nandroid backup . The first thing you should do is backup the Stock Rom you are on now because you'll need to go back to this when there is an update from you phone company . Rooting is great it allows you to have controle over your phone and do stuff you can't do normally . I change my rom everyday and i'm loving it once you get it it's easy to do . Nb. make sure the Rom you install is for your phone there many roms out there and for different phone the maker will always tell which phone it's for .

Links