DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Using Fission ROM, rebuilding desktop

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Using Fission ROM, rebuilding desktop

I am rooted and using Fission 2.4.3 on my D2G with Launcher Pro Plus.

In the Fission ROM manager there are a number of patches and add-ons available for my device as well. It is not very clear what all of them do, so I have been installing only 1 -2 at a time. Problem is, every time that I do an install, I have to rebuild my phone's desktop (add links, widgets, etc).

So, after each install, I was spending an hour or two just working on the screens. I finally figured out that Launcher allows you to back up and restore, but have not tried a restore yet.

My questions: How can I find out what all the different add-ons do so I can select the ones I want without trial and error?

What I am really looking for is the stock gallery app that had advanced photo editing features (saturation, effects). Does anyone know the file spec/name/link for this particular add-on?

What is the best way to restore your desktop after a new flash? I spend too much time tinkering on the phone as it is, I want to flash and go!

Any advice for this newbie?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Ok, since I started the process of rooting my D2G I have posted several questions along the way that have gotten plenty of views, but not a single response. What is going on here? Am I invisible or something? I have never had this experience in a forum before. Am I posting in the wrong place? I know the knowledge is here to answer my questions.

I have questions about rooting and flashing, so isn't Droid Hacking the right sub-forum? What are "unofficial" Droid hacks? anything not put out by Motorola?

It's odd, I have learned so much from reading this forum, I just have a few specific follow-up questions.

Any takers before I move on?

Links