DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ADB on Mac

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by mammlouk View Post
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "start up with the adb command". Do you mean start an adb shell? Do you mean with adb in the path so you don't have to change directories to use it? Try to explain a bit more.
    Sorry, I'm having a hard time expressing this since I really don't know what I'm talking about. Let me try again. Since I only use the terminal on my Mac to change things on my Droid, I am wondering if it is possible to have the path already entered when I start the terminal. Then all I would need to do is start the terminal and being typing ./adb
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You should be able to just fire up TextEdit and type in th command you use to change directories(cd /path/to/sdk/tools), then save it in your home directory as ".bashrc"
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by fdxgnd View Post
    On a Mac just put it on ur desktop. U can open sdk and go to tools from there. Then go to adb and open it. Plug in ur phone in USB debugging mode. In ur top toolbar on ur Mac click shell. Then click run command and type in adb shell. Ur in. To use adb u don't need eclipse. Just the sdk.
    When I do this it says "-bash: sdkfolder: No such file or directory" what did I do wrong?
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

How can I undo the pico .bash_profile

Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Ok, I downloaded SDK, extracted it to my desktop, downloaded fastboot and placed it in /tools. When I open a terminal window and type pico .bash_profile, I am getting no such file or directory. Now just a minute ago, I ran the pico .bash_profile command but did not have the fastboot, so nothing worked. How can I undo the pico .bash_profile and export PATH=$
    {PATH}:<sdkfolder>/tools commands that I ran before having downloaded fastboot so I can start over?
    Dear Kindly tell me how to undo this pico command, since then I am unable to use terminal. Terminal is also not allowing usual commands. Please help me. Thanks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links