DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft on driod?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola driod

Starcraft on driod?

I've been looking to see if its possible to actually get and play starcraft on my motorola droid. i would love nothing more then to sit at work and play this game, lol. if anyone have any suggestions or comments on this please post here or EMail me at Jamesib1988@gmail.com.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla A855
    I wonder how that would work with the controls though. I feel like by the time you had 2 scvs/drones/probes built, you'd have a pack of zerglings tearing your base apart...
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola driod
    well use touch screen as aa mouse to select units. and hold buttons and scroll on screen to look around. plus use keyboard as unit and building hotkeys. think it would work pretty well actually. i love this game and work gets boaring and slow somedays and i dont work with comps. if anyone has any ideas how this could be done it would be greatly appreciated. i own multiple copies of the game and have a legit cd-key. just want to play it on the go.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    There would be some copyright issues involved I'm sure.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Your problem here will not be hardware (although it might effect playability) your problem will be operating system emulation. Starcraft is a native windows program. The Droid is a linux enviroment. Now this is not a big problem since there are plenty of windows emulators out there for linux. However they tax the processor and probably your battery life as well.

What you are asking to do is to put a square peg through a round hole.

If someone were to port wine over to Android it would be slow and buggy and wouldn't run in the native resolutions for Starcraft anyways. As of this time, what you are asking is not available and will probably not be available for quite some time.

I would suggest making best friends with linux programmers and paying a lot of money and might be able to see realitvely bug free and playable version in the next 4 years. Otherwise I would find something else to play.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola driod
    blah, well it was worth a try. think ill try my next idea and just get a N64 emu and get the rom. but damnit i want custom maps >.< thanks anywho.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So I did a little searching. You can run debian on the G1 with Android. So I guess it would be possible if you were to compile the kernel and get it running. I would learn assembly language to code the drivers.

However, I am correcting myself WINE is not a emulator. It's an implementation of DLLs and APIs and other routines and stuff that live in windows applications to run natively.

So a x86 emulator is your only choice at this point. JPC is x86 emulator that runs in Java (which runs natively in Android). However Android uses DalvikVM instead of the standard JavaVM so it will be a bit of bear to get JPC to run on Android. And as of right JPC can only run DOS, 3.0, and some small linux distros.

I think your best bet is to buy a netbook and play it on there
    Last edited by zudien; 12-27-2009 at 08:17 PM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola driod
    i got a laptop but i think my boss might flip if i bring it into work lol. its all good though im not stressing it that much just really wanted to see if it would be possible. Thanks for the input man it was much appreciated.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla A855
    Sounds like I should bug my friend who works at Blizzard to make Starcraft 2 playable on both Windows and Android! Wouldn't that be sweet?

Here's a link to another thread that's similar:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...r-android.html
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla A855
    Here's link for the Android port of ScummVM and it states in the FAQ link that Droid 2.0 is not supported, but 1.6 is (I believe that would mean Eris is in but MotoDroid need to wait a bit)

Home (scummvm-android)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links