DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All-in-One Popular threads **Read Before Posting**

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

All-in-One Popular threads **Read Before Posting**

Alright everyone, since I am a member on literally dozens and dozens of different forums I know one issue that is despised on everyone is when threads are created when threads have already been made that have addressed the posters concerns. So before you even use the search button, and most definitely before you post a new thread, PLEASE take a look at the threads I have in this post to make sure things have not been covered already. I will keep this post updated with the most helpful threads and most popular subjects for "hacking" your Droid. If you have suggestions for threads to be put in here by all means PM me or post a link to it. I am sure there are other useful threads out there in the "hacking" section that I have missed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS WHAT ROOT MEANS (stop asking)
    ** A simple thread to explain what exactly rooting your phone actually means/does

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tethering up and running on droid
    ** A thread explaining and going over how to use your Droid to tether to your
    computer for internet access through your Droid to your Computer.

Root Droid 1 - Regardless of OS
    ** A thread with information on how to properly root your Droid

What I Have Done With a Rooted Droid That I Couldn't Do Before
    ** A thread with information on things you can do once you have rooted your Droid

Tether capability with android-wifi-tether (Wireless Tether for Root Users)
    ** A different tethering thread but this one pertains more to the Wireless aspect of tethering your Droid

You want predictive text wth physical keyboard here is how you do it. You are welcome
    ** A thread on how to use predictive text with your physical keyboard and not just the on screen keyboard

Modifying the boot animation?
    ** A thread with information and discussion on modifying/changing your Droids boot up animation

Application List **ROOTED ONLY**
    ** A thread with a list of applications for your rooted Droid along with small descriptions of what the applications actually do

Droid Dock Hack
    ** A thread with information on how to create your own multimedia docking station

Complete Comprehensive Tutorial on Custom Boot Animations
    ** A thread on how exactly to modify your Droids boot up animation

Custom Recovery Image
    ** A thread with how to set a custom recovery image on your Droid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashing a ROM on Droid 1
    ** A thread pertaining to flashing ROMs on the Droid 1.

Complete How-To Root, Busybox, Flash/Recovery, Framework-res.apk, custom boot ani...
    ** A very helpful thread with information on many different hacks you can perform on your Droid.

pinch and zoom multi touch
    ** A thread discussing pinch and zoom multi-touch on the Droid

Custom ROMs
    ** Sub-forum on DroidForums.net, which includes all custom ROMs available for the Droid 1.

How To Use ADB: All Commands and Options
    ** A very helpful thread that explains the process of using ADB commasnds from your computer to work with your Droid.

Changing your motorola "M" boot logo tutorial
    ***This is to change the motorola "M" boot logo that you see when you boot your phone to a custom image.
    Last edited by guidot; 10-24-2011 at 04:22 AM.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    changed title for you.....

good thread.
  3. AWB
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Great thread! Not only is it good for new comers but also as a reference for everyone else.

Just a side thought you may want to add the thread on ADB here as well
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the title change!! Much better than mine haha. I did add the ADB thread I don't know how I missed that one its one of the more current threads lol.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    Great one!!! GOood Work!

~Stickied~
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Not to be a self-promoter, but could you add the SSH server thread to your list:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...oid-2-0-a.html
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    also something else that everyone asks about daily is how to get yahoo working so here is a link to that as well

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...our-droid.html
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Finally! Thank you! Your forgot one: now that the nexusone came out should I wait till it comes out for Verizon or Should I just get the Droid? Or is the nexus that much different from the Droid? There are so many threads like this
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    ill have to say.. im guilty for creating threads on these subjects.. =X.. wish i looked here first.. Great list! =)
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    dear spectral... i have a friend that has a g1... i was wondering if u root his phone can i flash blackdroid on it????? thanks for the advice if there is some. .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links