Droid X 2.3 Rooting Questions
I have been wanting to root my droid for some time, but I have always been held back. I know the possible issues and the advantages and disadvantages of rooting my droid. Now all that is holding me back is the fear that I might make a costly mistake with no way of turning back and that I do not know how to do a root with Gingerbread.
1) Can I save my phone if it gets bricked?
2) How often do droids get bricked during the rooting process?
3) When I root, does all of my data get erased?
4) Can I get in trouble with Verizon with a rooted phone? (From just me using it)
How To Questions:
1) Can I root my phone right now even though 2.3 is still new?
2) How would I go about rooting my phone the long way?
3) How would I go about rooting my phone the short way?
4) Which way is the more safe route for rooting?
5) Which route do you advise that I take?
Sorry for all of the questions, I am still a newb in the droid world.