DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: how to use apple ibeats headset with an android phone

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

how to use apple ibeats headset with an android phone

Hi, I had alot of luck the last time I posted a question on this site and im hoping for the same tonight.
    My daughter just "has" to have the justbeats headphones. There is no worthing around this, its a must. ( she is 10 and those are the ones justin bieber sponsors )
    The headset is made specially for apple and she has the samsung fascinite.(sp?)
    The headphones work just fine but the mid doesn't. I know that the phone isn't compatible because I looked it up but I was hoping that someone has found a workaround or maybe there was an app that could be used to gain the microphones functionality back.
    If there isn't any answers to this then could someone please explain to me what could be.causing this issue so that I could try to find some workaround. Examples of some possible reasons; apple runs their wires in a different way than other phones to keep up their monopolies on certain products, driver settings, unexpected grounds caused by some of the other functions of the hedset, etc......
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    ??? Anythig will help. Please.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I have a fascinate and I've read a lot about problems with the 3.5mm jack on the phone...that's about all I can come up with
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was unaware of any issues with that so thanks again.
    I have the droid x and they are also not working.
    I am determinded to find a solution to this as soon as possible.
    Anybody have anything else.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I just bought a set of the ibeats myself and strangely they will work with the Skype app but not the phone app so it cannot be an issue with the 3.5mm jack. It is lack of some support in the phone app.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    GS3
    have you found a resolution to this? i am having same problem with my urbeats and gs3
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Karbonn S1 Titanium
    I bought a htc ibeats headset, and it was not working with my android device.

But i opened the headset (next, play, prev) remote control and changed the red line -> orange and orange -> red(reconnect with use of soldering)

All done, working with all device. still a 'but' is next and forward doesn't works. try.

Quote Originally Posted by chris8783 View Post
    Hi, I had alot of luck the last time I posted a question on this site and im hoping for the same tonight.
    My daughter just "has" to have the justbeats headphones. There is no worthing around this, its a must. ( she is 10 and those are the ones justin bieber sponsors )
    The headset is made specially for apple and she has the samsung fascinite.(sp?)
    The headphones work just fine but the mid doesn't. I know that the phone isn't compatible because I looked it up but I was hoping that someone has found a workaround or maybe there was an app that could be used to gain the microphones functionality back.
    If there isn't any answers to this then could someone please explain to me what could be.causing this issue so that I could try to find some workaround. Examples of some possible reasons; apple runs their wires in a different way than other phones to keep up their monopolies on certain products, driver settings, unexpected grounds caused by some of the other functions of the hedset, etc......
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Links