DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Booting into Recovery mode

  1. Junior Droid
    Tutor's Avatar
    Member #
    152044
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    droid 2
    #1

    Booting into Recovery mode

    While this is a newbie question... I at least did attempt to find the answer before asking... so thanks in advance for the assistance.

    I was given a droid 2 to exchange out the blackberry storm I had as a very nice Christmas present (I must of been a good boy sometime last year). Motorola/Verizon when I went to get the phone activated I was asked if I wanted the phone rooted and tethering set up, which I did.

    Having the phone for a week I'm about ready to start tinkering, but I can't seem to get the phone to go to Recovery mode, I've powered down... held down the "x" and the power button and all I get is the green droid with a triangle above it with an exclamation point in the middle of it... requiring a battery pull to bring the phone back to life.

    I've tried to hold the "x" and power button on the whole time... just the "x", a couple different things but still no joy. I'm just trying to get the basics down prior to playing a bit more...

    So besides holding my tongue wrong why can't I boot into Recovery mode?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    nibblit's Avatar
    Member #
    144117
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    While this is a newbie question... I at least did attempt to find the answer before asking... so thanks in advance for the assistance.

    I was given a droid 2 to exchange out the blackberry storm I had as a very nice Christmas present (I must of been a good boy sometime last year). Motorola/Verizon when I went to get the phone activated I was asked if I wanted the phone rooted and tethering set up, which I did.

    Having the phone for a week I'm about ready to start tinkering, but I can't seem to get the phone to go to Recovery mode, I've powered down... held down the "x" and the power button and all I get is the green droid with a triangle above it with an exclamation point in the middle of it... requiring a battery pull to bring the phone back to life.

    I've tried to hold the "x" and power button on the whole time... just the "x", a couple different things but still no joy. I'm just trying to get the basics down prior to playing a bit more...

    So besides holding my tongue wrong why can't I boot into Recovery mode?
    You're on the right track. Once you see that robot standing next to the exclamation, HOLD DOWN the magnifying glass symbol (search) on your physical keyboard. Then use the volume buttons to maneuver, and camera button to confirm.
    Note: choose the wipe data/factory reset first. Confirm by pushing the camera button. Once completed, maneuver to REBOOT SYSTEM NOW. Again, confirm by pushing the camera button. DONE.
  4. Master Droid
    BigZig's Avatar
    Member #
    93246
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    362
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    #3
    [QUOTE=Tutor;1120078

    I was given a droid 2 to exchange out the blackberry storm I had as a very nice Christmas present (I must of been a good boy sometime last year). Motorola/Verizon when I went to get the phone activated I was asked if I wanted the phone rooted and tethering set up, which I did[/QUOTE]

    Really? Verizon asked you if you wanted your phone rooted? Am I missing something or does rooting not void your warranty anymore?
  5. Junior Droid
    Tutor's Avatar
    Member #
    152044
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    droid 2
    #4
    Thanks for this reply nibblit... works like it should...

    Quote Originally Posted by nibblit View Post
    Note: choose the wipe data/factory reset first. Confirm by pushing the camera button. Once completed, maneuver to REBOOT SYSTEM NOW. Again, confirm by pushing the camera button. DONE.
    I take it if I used the wipe data/factory reset it kills everything I've already done to the phone ... or does it wipe data and install the update.zip on the sdcard? thus installing the backed up files I have on the sdcard? (I have been using titanium to back up)
  6. Droid
    E1337Hax's Avatar
    Member #
    151462
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    81
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1 *Root*
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    Thanks for this reply nibblit... works like it should...

    Quote Originally Posted by nibblit View Post
    Note: choose the wipe data/factory reset first. Confirm by pushing the camera button. Once completed, maneuver to REBOOT SYSTEM NOW. Again, confirm by pushing the camera button. DONE.
    I take it if I used the wipe data/factory reset it kills everything I've already done to the phone ... or does it wipe data and install the update.zip on the sdcard? thus installing the backed up files I have on the sdcard? (I have been using titanium to back up)
    Wiping will not touch anything on the SD
  7. Junior Droid
    Tutor's Avatar
    Member #
    152044
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    droid 2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZig View Post
    Really? Verizon asked you if you wanted your phone rooted? Am I missing something or does rooting not void your warranty anymore?
    Kiosk at the mall... guess he hacks phones on the side for a few extra funds, I didn't know much about droids prior to me getting this phone, only touched the penguin once briefly on a desktop, so my wife told him to do it when I transfered numbers.
  8. Senior Droid
    nibblit's Avatar
    Member #
    144117
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128
    #7
    [quote=BigZig;1120183]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutor;1120078

    I was given a droid 2 to exchange out the blackberry storm I had as a very nice Christmas present (I must of been a good boy sometime last year). Motorola/Verizon when I went to get the phone activated I was asked if I wanted the phone rooted and tethering set up, which I did[/quote

    Really? Verizon asked you if you wanted your phone rooted? Am I missing something or does rooting not void your warranty anymore?
    Yes, it does void your warranty. Oddly, I've had similar experiences at 2 different Verizon stores. The reps were more than happy to discuss cool hacks w/me regarding rooted D2s. o.O
    -Victoria
  9. Master Droid
    BigZig's Avatar
    Member #
    93246
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    362
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    #8
    O I see well rooted is better anyways. But be careful and always backup, have fun. I will bow out gracefuly b/c I do not have a D2 and can not help was just curious about the rooting thing.
  10. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #9
    Your rep's name wasn't Dustin was it? Haha!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZig View Post
    Really? Verizon asked you if you wanted your phone rooted? Am I missing something or does rooting not void your warranty anymore?
    Kiosk at the mall... guess he hacks phones on the side for a few extra funds, I didn't know much about droids prior to me getting this phone, only touched the penguin once briefly on a desktop, so my wife told him to do it when I transfered numbers.


    DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  11. Senior Droid
    nibblit's Avatar
    Member #
    144117
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128
    #10
    You're very welcome. Glad I could help.
    -Victoria
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Booting in Recovery
    By Darryl Richey in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 02:02 AM
  2. Booting into recovery question!!
    By Mojo in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 04:40 PM
  3. Booting to Recovery Mode
    By lukehathaway in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 05:43 AM
  4. Safe Mode booting
    By nite 0wl in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 06:07 AM

Search tags for this page

blackberry recovery mode

,

blackberry storm recovery mode

,
boot droid into recovery mode
,

boot eris into recovery

,
booting droid incredible2 into recovery mode
,
droid boot into recovery mode
,

eris boot into recovery

,

exclamation point when booting into recovery

,
how to boot htc incredible into recovery mode
,
i get an exclamation point when booting into recovery mode o
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+