DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Making an old Droid current...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Making an old Droid current...

I gave my wife my Droid when I upgraded the X. When I gave it to her it had the then at the time initially leaked 2.2 from around May-June with a Chevy kernel attached to it. What would be the best way to go about updating it to the current OTA from Verizon and getting it all up to date? I had planned to probably just run a 2.1 update.zip from recovery and let the OTA take its course. Would that be adequate?

ROM Manager still contain stock as an option?

Mind you she doesn't care about any of the hacking or development aspects of it all, although I do plan to root it once it is all up to speed.

Thanks !
    Last edited by Womp; 12-18-2010 at 07:11 AM.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp View Post
    I gave my wife my Droid when I upgraded the X. When I gave it to her it had the then at the time initially leaked 2.2 from around April with a Chevy kernel attached to it. What would be the best way to go about updating it to the current OTA from Verizon and getting it all up to date? I had planned to probably just run a 2.1 update.zip from recovery and let the OTA take its course. Would that be adequate?

Mind you she doesn't care about any of the hacking or development aspects of it all, although I do plan to root it once it is all up to speed.

Thanks !
    There is an update for the latest 2.2.1 FRG83D that you should be able to locate a zip file for. That's the latest version and you can root from there. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ed-update.html.

Hope that helps.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp View Post
    I gave my wife my Droid when I upgraded the X. When I gave it to her it had the then at the time initially leaked 2.2 from around April with a Chevy kernel attached to it. What would be the best way to go about updating it to the current OTA from Verizon and getting it all up to date? I had planned to probably just run a 2.1 update.zip from recovery and let the OTA take its course. Would that be adequate?

Thanks !
    There is an update for the latest 2.2.1 FRG83D that you should be able to locate a zip file for. That's the latest version and you can root from there. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ed-update.html.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks hook! I shall give that a go.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2.2
    2 weeks ago I flashed back to 2.0 thinking I would get over the air updates. This is on a droid 1. I'm quessing VZW doesn't do over the air updates for 2.0 anymore. Is this true?
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    2 weeks ago I flashed back to 2.0 thinking I would get over the air updates. This is on a droid 1. I'm quessing VZW doesn't do over the air updates for 2.0 anymore. Is this true?
    I don't know for sure. I've seen other people posting about having problems. Just install it yourself with the link I provided.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah, before you helped me realize that a 2.2.1 update.zip was available to download that was the route I was going to go. Will attempt it all tonight.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Everything worked like a charm, thanks again for the help.

Links