DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Please help: i can't reboot into recovery

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motodroid

Please help: i can't reboot into recovery

First off i haven't seen this issue anywhere else so if it's already coverd in another thread sorry

Everytime i try to reboot into recovery the M symbol just apears for a long time then the phone boots up, thats using the power key and the x from start up. I've tried it several times and also done a couple of battery pulls before trying. My droid also does the same thing when i try to download a new rom from Rom Manager. It will download and then just reboot into the same rom i am running now. I have the same problem with my droid when i download new apps, not all of them, but some of them when i finish downloading them and they get ready to install the droid reboots and doesn't install the app.

i was going to reboot into recovery so i could load a backup so i could fix the problem easier but now i can't even get into recovery. I would even be willing to reset it to stock but i can't figure that out either. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by adrock511 View Post
    First off i haven't seen this issue anywhere else so if it's already coverd in another thread sorry

Everytime i try to reboot into recovery the M symbol just apears for a long time then the phone boots up, thats using the power key and the x from start up. I've tried it several times and also done a couple of battery pulls before trying. My droid also does the same thing when i try to download a new rom from Rom Manager. It will download and then just reboot into the same rom i am running now. I have the same problem with my droid when i download new apps, not all of them, but some of them when i finish downloading them and they get ready to install the droid reboots and doesn't install the app.

i was going to reboot into recovery so i could load a backup so i could fix the problem easier but now i can't even get into recovery. I would even be willing to reset it to stock but i can't figure that out either. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
    ok first thing I would try is to open rom manager and hit the flash clockworkmod recovery, use wifi if possible, if it says flash successful within a couple seconds after flashing it should work, if it says flash successful after about 5 seconds, it did not stick. Try that first and report back
    Last edited by OneTenderRebel; 12-18-2010 at 01:11 AM.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    also rom manager has become notorious for breaking recovery. just tried it on my phone and of course it broke my recovery. Just have to keep flashing till it works.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

4. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Welcome to DroidForums! I see OTR has you taken care of (you're in good hands)! I tried ROM Manager and CW for a week or so and switched back to SPRecovery and haven't looked back...CW was WAY too finicky.

DroidForums junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motodroid
    Thanks, i kept flashing it and it finally worked and i'm back where i wanted to be now. I really appreaciate the help, I'm at work so i wasn't able to try it right off but thanks again for the help.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    awesome, glad it worked for you!!

Links