DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Help..?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Question Help..?

Well last week or so i figured it would be time to mod my Droid after doing some reading and alot of it i decieded to buy rom manager from the android market place. I did alot of reading and decied to use Cyanogen 6.1.0 as the rom i was going to use to mod my droid and i love the rom but i notice my phone is slower with all the new apps and stuff i have put on it since modding it.. so i was wondering about putting a new kernal on it from mod manager. now in rom manager under cyanogen i have 2 kernel options Bekit Kernels (0.8.4) or P3Droid Kernels. Now i dont know which one to use or which kernel to pick when i open them i would like to pick a kernel that has decent battery life but increased speed with running applications and what not.. My model is Droid my Build is FRG22D and my version is 2.2.1. Please help me pick a kernel since i cannot find any documentation on this. Thank you very much
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Okay, I think I got that figured out.

First off, are you running any kind of antivirus or task killer app? If so get rid of them.

Secondly, as to a kernel, are you running SetCPU? If not you really should -- 800MHz top speed is a LOT better than 600.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Honestly i would just rather install a kernel instead of doing the over clock thing.. anyone ealse have any suggestions
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    If you're going to oc through kernel, it is still a good idea for a scaling program. Could help save battery in downtime and maybe stop the oc from giving you a nice paperweight.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Then issue with kernels is.....not all kernels work the same on all phones. You might have to try a few to find one that works well. Also you will need setcpu to adjust the clockspeeds anyways. Unless CM 6.1 has that built in.....

Sent from somewhere...
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    A new kernel isn't going to do anything for you without an overclocking program. It'll still only run 600 unless that slot in the new kernel is 550, in which case you'll LOSE 50MHz.

Links