DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install: 2.1 the easy way

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Rename the file and get rid of the 2nd extension...
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Help!!!!!

I don't know why this always happens to me but I can never just follow the instructions givin and then works like a charm...no I'm always the exception to the rule and things never happen like they should. I tried installing the "droidroothelper.apk" from astro but when I click on it it gives me 2 buttons one says "browse file" the other says "open app manager" and I clicked "open app manager" like it says, then it just gives me a black screen with some stuff on it and 2 tabs at the top one says "summary" the other says "details" when i clicked "details" it says "could not open /sdcard/droidroothelper.apk as APK file" wtf!? I dont think I rooted my droid properly to be honest cause once again nothing goes right for me. when i rooted it and was on the screen to select "run update.zip" or "apply update.zip" or whatever it was...it acted like it was going to install but then said "action aborted" no mater how many times i tried...so i went ahead and re-booted anyway and i do have the "superuser permissions" icon but like i said earlier it aborted the install so i don't know what im doing wrong. I tried to manually install the current official 2.0.1 update to start from scratch and unroot my phone but it did the same "action aborted" when trying to run the "update.zip" and i still have the superuser thing. I even did a factory reset and I manually deleted the update.zip from my sd card still didnt work. So thats where I'm at right now...this is my cross to bear for now so please Help!?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm stuck in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjive3 View Post
    I don't know why this always happens to me but I can never just follow the instructions givin and then works like a charm...no I'm always the exception to the rule and things never happen like they should. I tried installing the "droidroothelper.apk" from astro but when I click on it it gives me 2 buttons one says "browse file" the other says "open app manager" and I clicked "open app manager" like it says, then it just gives me a black screen with some stuff on it and 2 tabs at the top one says "summary" the other says "details" when i clicked "details" it says "could not open /sdcard/droidroothelper.apk as APK file" wtf!? I dont think I rooted my droid properly to be honest cause once again nothing goes right for me. when i rooted it and was on the screen to select "run update.zip" or "apply update.zip" or whatever it was...it acted like it was going to install but then said "action aborted" no mater how many times i tried...so i went ahead and re-booted anyway and i do have the "superuser permissions" icon but like i said earlier it aborted the install so i don't know what im doing wrong. I tried to manually install the current official 2.0.1 update to start from scratch and unroot my phone but it did the same "action aborted" when trying to run the "update.zip" and i still have the superuser thing. I even did a factory reset and I manually deleted the update.zip from my sd card still didnt work. So thats where I'm at right now...this is my cross to bear for now so please Help!?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Anybody knows how to get nexus one animation on boot up on droid running 2.1?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    I don't get the Nandroid sub menu... I've done steps 11 and 12 three times now.. What gives?
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid moto
    hello i am stuck on the first step i can not get my phone to open the update zip it says E: signature verification failed installation aborted what am i doing wrong???
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by schnyd View Post
    I'm stuck in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjive3 View Post
    You should download the droidroothelper.apk.zip in the first post. All you need to do is rename the file and remove the .zip leaving the .apk. If you have common file extensions hidden on your PC you will have problems. You need to go into the Control Panel and find Folder Options, the View tab, and un-check the option to hide known file extensions.

When you copy droidroothelper to your sdcard make sure it looks like a file..the icon should almost look like a notepad icon. If it looks like a folder that is incorrect. Also don't forget to copy the Tools folder to your sdcard.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by thetroden View Post
    hello i am stuck on the first step i can not get my phone to open the update zip it says E: signature verification failed installation aborted what am i doing wrong???
    It says that but did you run the update.zip? After you apply the droidroothelper the "error" at the bottom of the recovery screen will go away.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by youngfresh View Post
    Anybody knows how to get nexus one animation on boot up on droid running 2.1?
    Search bootanimation. There are several out there and instructions. If you successfully completed applying 2.1 then you should have no problem swapping your boot animation. I put the droid peeing on an apple on mine...too funny.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by schnyd View Post
    Thanks for putting together the tutorial. I'm currently stuck on step 10. When I select the DroidrootHelper.apk it just opens it up like a zip file, if I extract the all the files get dumped into the root on my sd card. Any thoughts? THanks
    Rename droidroothelper.apk.zip by just removing the .zip. Don't extract.
Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Links