DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much data do you use?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

How much data do you use?

Hey everyone i'm new to the forums. Im just curious how much data people here use a month. I use PdaNet a lot! I heard that if you use to much data you get flagged or something. So im just wondering how much data I use stacks up to what others use.

At the moment im at about exactly 6.1 GB's. Iv had my Motorola Droid for about three weeks.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I avg. 2.8 to 3gb per month...Droid only..

Anything over the 5gb threshold more than likely will raise a flag with VWZ...but YMMV
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    Yeah, you are definitely being watched. Do you use this instead of a home connection? Another example of the few ruining things for the many. I too have PDAnet but use it only occasionally when I'm away from home etc. Just add the tethering option to your account and don't worry about it.
    Erik
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wow! 6.1GB is a bunch... My most recent bill shows me using 420MB for that entire billing cycle... And I didn't even watch my data usage or anything... But I didn't stream any music or anything to the phone, either... That was just basic web-browsing, e-mail sending/receiving, and app-downloading...
    Laurence MacNeill
    Mableton, Georgia, USA
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    The main reason I have a Smartphone is for internet, because I live in rural area for the most part and there are no DSL/Cable companys out here, not even a small local one. Only other option is two wireless internet providers that offer 4G internet basically but they dont have signal at my house cause of all the trees.

I did have a BlackBerry Storm, which i did have a tethering plan with. But there is no tethering plan for the Motorola Droid.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkalien6 View Post
    The main reason I have a Smartphone is for internet, because I live in rural area for the most part and there are no DSL/Cable companys out here, not even a small local one. Only other option is two wireless internet providers that offer 4G internet basically but they dont have signal at my house cause of all the trees.

I did have a BlackBerry Storm, which i did have a tethering plan with. But there is no tethering plan for the Motorola Droid.
    Sure there is....have you asked VZW?

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

I was under the impression that VZW wasn't going to offer tethering on the Droid 'till Jan. or Feb. of 2010...
    Laurence MacNeill
    Mableton, Georgia, USA
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Yes when i bought my phone they automatically took tethering off my plan and told me it would be because they don't offer it with the Motorola Droid... Although I did get the phone from Wal-Mart cause they were the cheapest. So i guess I will call them up and see if they have tethering... But then again i was under the impression it wasn't coming until 2010 as well.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Although no one has been reported being charged for tethering according to gixxerjoe in this thread Verizon can tell if you are. Best to be careful.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ited-data.html
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurence5905 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

I was under the impression that VZW wasn't going to offer tethering on the Droid 'till Jan. or Feb. of 2010...
    I might of mis-spoke...From what 611 just told me they are not going to offer a tethering plan for the droid...She was babling on about how the droid does not support it and there is an agreement with Motorola about it.

But this contradicts what the VZW store here told me a few weeks ago..

I don't believe what the rep just told me tho....

Only the Skilled Survive

1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links