DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid 1replacement

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Droid 1 replacement

General question, my droid 1 has been acting up with double duplicate sms. Its gotten so bad that every single sms I get will double. I'm going to call vz about a replacement, but don't know if i should reveal I'm rooted or do they not care anymore. I remember reading on the forums somewhere someone said they brought their rooted droid 1 in for support and they fixed it or replaced without caring if it was rooted or not.

So if i have to bring it in, should i unroot before or leave it rooted?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'd unroot it!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID 2.0.1
    You're not using Handcent by any chance are you?...or any other messaging app besides the stock one?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy74 View Post
    General question, my droid 1 has been acting up with double duplicate sms. Its gotten so bad that every single sms I get will double. I'm going to call vz about a replacement, but don't know if i should reveal I'm rooted or do they not care anymore. I remember reading on the forums somewhere someone said they brought their rooted droid 1 in for support and they fixed it or replaced without caring if it was rooted or not.

So if i have to bring it in, should i unroot before or leave it rooted?
    i'm gonna be the first, and probably not the last, to say that's a software related issue. Dunno how that would be hardware related.

I'd backup everything and slowly reinstall all apps, testing sms in between. Could be radio related too. Try *228? or a new baseband?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    My baseband is current, but I reflashed the most recent one from Petes site anyways and the dups have gotten a little better. Let's hope the trend continues in a positive direction.

I've tried the * 228 and that didn't help prior to reflashing baseband, but don't think any apps are the problem

Thanks for the suggestions

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Links