DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid 2 or X?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic & Droid

Question Droid 2 or X?

I have a Droid 1 and love it, but am looking to upgrade.
    (Actually my daughter wants my droid1 as a droid pseudo-Itouch so is pushing me to upgrade...)

Removing the keyboard and "big a$$ screen" items, which is the better unit?

I plan to Root and swap ROMS within minutes of purchase, so whatever the blur thing is, it will not be an issue.

My current droid is rooted, has a custom kernel & ROM and has wireless tether.

I am interested in signal strength, battery life, CPU, camera and the like.

Thanks.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    battery life and cpu better choice is the d2.

naturally, the dx would drain more power given the same processor & larger screen
    GS4
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    D1, D2, DX,TBolt, Galaxy Nexus
    I used to have the D1 and now I own the D2. Either unit you go with will be a nice improvement.

Most would go with the X unless the keyboard is a must for you. If the keyboard doesn't matter go with the X.

Whatever you decide ....... enjoy!
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen View Post
    I used to have the D1 and now I own the D2. Either unit you go with will be a nice improvement.

Most would go with the X unless the keyboard is a must for you. If the keyboard doesn't matter go with the X.

Whatever you decide ....... enjoy!
    I never use the physical keyboard and I went D2. No regrets. The reason I got the D2 is I figured if I rooted I'd need it. turns out I don't.

The X is a bit large, other then that a top notch Droid. Theree was a guy at the dentist office today who had one. we were having a great time talking about our phones until they called my name.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post

naturally, the dx would drain more power given the same processor & larger screen
    I thought I saw battery tests putting the X as the top of the Android list for battery life. Either way, it's very good.

I think the camera on the X does 720p doesn't it? The 2 camera is barely better than the original.

Other than that, they are identical on the inside in terms of cpu, ram, rom.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jordanh08
    Phone
    Droid X
    I love my DX, no regrets. The size is great, after you use it alil while you'll wonder how you ever used such a small screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    Want to receive notifications when somebody quotes you in a post? - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-notifier.html
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowah View Post

I thought I saw battery tests putting the X as the top of the Android list for battery life. Either way, it's very good.

I think the camera on the X does 720p doesn't it? The 2 camera is barely better than the original.

not sure what tests you spotted out there .... logically speaking, from an uninfluenced perspective, the larger the screen, the more power consumed. since the internals are otherwise the same, the comparison would be between battery capacities ...

there is news out there of new android devices coming from motorola, if you care to hold out and see what the dual-cores have to offer ...
    GS4
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jordanh08
    Phone
    Droid X

not sure what tests you spotted out there .... logically speaking, from an uninfluenced perspective, the larger the screen, the more power consumed. since the internals are otherwise the same, the comparison would be between battery capacities ...

there is news out there of new android devices coming from motorola, if you care to hold out and see what the dual-cores have to offer ...
    I've read something another about the X being ontop of the android battery life list as well... don't remember where.
    Want to receive notifications when somebody quotes you in a post? - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-notifier.html
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    D1, D2, DX,TBolt, Galaxy Nexus
    [/QUOTE]I've read something another about the X being ontop of the android battery life list as well... don't remember where.[/QUOTE]

Usually from someone that has an X...
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @Body_Bagz
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr

Well, this one for instance...Droid X Comes Out on Top in Android Phone Battery Life Comparisons | Android Phone Fans Chart from this test below for those with reading comprehension problems...

Or, you can use this Spec Sheet comparison...Best Android Phones | Page 2

And, if thats not enough, then a casual browsing of just about any Droid based forum will result in more people complaining about the "other" Droid phones having shorter battery life than the DX...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links