DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need some phone upgrade Advice

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Need some phone upgrade Advice

I am set for an upgrade and currently using D1. I purchased a Fascinate and have had it for 3 days now and I am not very pleased with it. It looks nice and performs ok but all the bloatware and the gps and voice call quality sucks. Needless to say it's going back for a full refund today. I have been looking at the Droid X but I am a little concerned about the size ( everyday use feel ) and about all the bloatware it has. I know I can root it and remove bloatware but read an article last night about making sure you dont remove certain bloatware due to the device not being able to update? Need some advice any advice. Thanks for reading

John

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by johnzenobia View Post
    I am set for an upgrade and currently using D1. I purchased a Fascinate and have had it for 3 days now and I am not very pleased with it. It looks nice and performs ok but all the bloatware and the gps and voice call quality sucks. Needless to say it's going back for a full refund today. I have been looking at the Droid X but I am a little concerned about the size ( everyday use feel ) and about all the bloatware it has. I know I can root it and remove bloatware but read an article last night about making sure you dont remove certain bloatware due to the device not being able to update? Need some advice any advice. Thanks for reading

John
    Definitely get rid of the facinate unless you want to sit on 2.1 forever.

I would wait. I was in the same boat with a D1 and ready for an upgrade since Sept, but I do not want to sign up for another year knowing dual cores are coming out. So I went on craigslist and ebay and looked for a D2 or X. I ended up getting a 1 month old X for $200 and sold my D1 for $150. The X will hold me over till the 1st qtr of 2011 and then I will then sign on a new 1 year deal with a new phone and then sell the X. Now I got a really good deal on the X, but there might be some more out there. The D2 is now discontinued so the prices should be coming down.

Links