I am one of the many who tried to all the other walkthroughs to get yahoo mail set up and none of them worked. I finally found one that works. It involves changing your settings to Yahoo Asia. You have to use both computer and Droid for this. Here goes step by step. Walking back through this so if some info is missing list it and I will edit this post. Here goes step by step.
1) login to Yahoo mail and go to your mailbox
2) go to options>mail options (top right of your mailbox)
3) go to account information (bottom of options on left and it will ask for your password)
4) go down to account settings and click on "Set language, site, and time zone"
5) go to the new setting tab under "preffered content" and select Yahoo! Asia click finished
6) go back to your mail option screen and now go to the "POP & Forwarding" selection. !!side note!! I think someone got hung up here this is the mail options screen referred to in step 2)
7) click on "Set up or edit POP & Forwarding"
8) now make sure "Web and POP access" is selected and click on the pop settings
That will show you what to enter into manual setup but I am going over it again anyway
9) grab your droid and go the the email manual setup
10) key in username and password
11) go to the POP3 selection
12) POP3 SERVER:pop.mail.yahoo.com
use port: 995
SECURITY TYPE: SSL
13) NOW ON THIS SCREEN
SMTP SERVER: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
use port: 465
security type: SSL
Make sure require sign-in is checked
verify username and password
and click next.
14) set your frequency and notification settings
15) Name your Account and you are ready to go
Follow step by step and this will work if none of the other ways have worked for you. It looks like a lot, but only takes about 5-10 mins.
Anyone who this works for could thank me with a GOOGLE VOICE, and GOOGLE WAVE invites. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org any invites will be greatly appreciated!