DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got yahoo free mail the hard way! Mods please place properly

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by romanrish View Post
    Any more success stories using this method? I want as much feedback as possible because if people are still having trouble I will begin trying to figure another workaround for people who couldn't get it to work this way.
    I did this yesterday and this morning my yahoo "sent" items has multiple duplicate sends. This was the problem that I originally had using the pop3 method on the droid and why I changed to IMAP. Now that IMAP is no longer working I might have to forward them to gmail instead. Also I received about 10 return messages with "out of office autoreplys" indicating that my yahoo email may have sent a bunch of spam messages to my contacts! I don't know if this is my phone doing this or my main PC but something is f'd up!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Just got my Droid today and Yahoo mail worked w/o any issues. I created my yahoo mail account years ago when I first got SBC DSL internet, so my email address is @sbcglobal.net, but it's still a yahoo account. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Anywho, dumb question (maybe somebody can help)...how do I see my contact and mail folders for my yahoo mail? All i can see is the inbox, and when i go to compose a message, i cant find all the addresses from my yahoo contacts... help!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
    Just got my Droid today and Yahoo mail worked w/o any issues. I created my yahoo mail account years ago when I first got SBC DSL internet, so my email address is @sbcglobal.net, but it's still a yahoo account. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Anywho, dumb question (maybe somebody can help)...how do I see my contact and mail folders for my yahoo mail? All i can see is the inbox, and when i go to compose a message, i cant find all the addresses from my yahoo contacts... help!
    You can see only the inbox if you set up Yahoo mail using POP3 access. If you do the manual setup, you can use IMAP to see all your folders, however for some people, myself included, this has been unreliable. Look at the FAQs thread for the IMAP setup walkthrough. It worked for awhile then stopped working inexplicably after about a month with an error stating invalid username or password.

For contacts, you have to import them into GMail and then they will appear on your phone. It is pretty simple: just go to your gmail acct and look under the settings area, and it is under import (or something similar). AFAIK you can't access the Yahoo contacts folder directly.

On the other hand, I just installed the K9 client yesterday with IMAP access to my Yahoo plus account and so far it works well, but only over 3G and not wifi. (which is fine).

One question for anyone using K9: has anyone had problems with new mail notifications not showing up in the notification bar at the top of the screen?
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ldimick View Post
    There is no reason that you should have to go through these steps to make it work.
    Sure there is -- Yahoo wants you to pay for Yahoo Plus.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Ladies and gentleman there is a sticky http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...our-droid.html already. This thread is
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links