Motorola Droid Syncing Music With Apple iTunes
Looks promising... going to try it. Has anyone else tried it?
Although I don't have my Droid yet, I have already downloaded the Motorola Media Link, an it immediately imported all of my iTunes stuff. It was quite easy to do. Should be golden for synching Droid when it arrives!
Has anyone tried Motorola Media Link with Windows 7? When I try to access my Droid it says there is no SD card installed. I was able to take the card out, put it in my card reader, and transfer files that way, but I would rather not have to take the battery and card out every time. Thanks!
Used with Windows 7 Enterprise yesterday. Worked great. You have to make sure you set mount the USB. That is the requirement.
Once you connect the USB cable, go to the Droid, on the top screenbar, there is a USB icon, slide down and look at the notification. It ask you to mount the USB. Once you mount it, you can access the SD card as a drive in Windows.
Once that occurs, you can then launch the Motorola software and sync up iTune.
Transfer files to / from the computer:
- Connect your device to a computer using a data cable
- Go to Notifications (by touching the status bar at the top of the screen and dragging it down)
- Touch the “USB connected” notification
- Touch Mount
- Use your computer interface to move files between your device and your computer.
Tip: On your PC your phone will appear under My Computer. For Mac your phone should appear on the desktop.
- When you are done, go to Notifications and touch Turn off USB storage, then disconnect the data cable from the device.
Note: Transfer files is supported on both Windows and Apple Macintosh computers
Last edited by smilepak; 11-07-2009 at 07:04 PM.