DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who still uses D1 and What is catching your eye?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic

Who still uses D1 and What is catching your eye?

I was wondering who is still using the Droid 1 and if any of the new phones have caught your eye enough to make you want to "upgrade"? ever since I rooted a few weeks ago I have been a bit pickier with what I am looking for in a new phone. Rooting has made the D1 a brand new phone to me....So many options now and I haven't even flashed any ROMS yet! (Just a kernel or 2).

FZor me a new phone would have to be faster than the 1.1ghz I overclocked to, bigger & better screen, more internal memory, rear view camera are the main things I would need in a new phone. Theming without rooting would be nice but not necessary...

Are any of you thinking of upgrading soon and if so what phone would you go to?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    I was wondering who is still using the Droid 1 and if any of the new phones have caught your eye enough to make you want to "upgrade"? ever since I rooted a few weeks ago I have been a bit pickier with what I am looking for in a new phone. Rooting has made the D1 a brand new phone to me....So many options now and I haven't even flashed any ROMS yet! (Just a kernel or 2).

FZor me a new phone would have to be faster than the 1.1ghz I overclocked to, bigger & better screen, more internal memory, rear view camera are the main things I would need in a new phone. Theming without rooting would be nice but not necessary...

Are any of you thinking of upgrading soon and if so what phone would you go to?
    I'm still in love with my D1, especially with the addition of UD. I'm not due till July of next year, the only phone on my radar that is being discussed right now is the Moto Olympus. The Olympus sounds like a pretty BA phone. Currently I like the X but I'm not paying 5 bills for one, I'll just wait till my contract is up. It seems bigger and better phones are coming out weekly, at this point I'll just sit back and wait and see what's out when I'm due.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid Razr M
    I still have a D1, but with the current overclocked kernel and ROM I'm running I really love it, more so than when I first bought the D1. The one thing I really would like when I upgrade is a camera on the screen side.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID - rooted
    D1 is beasting it still, I wouldn't upgrade to any phone out right now.
    Ultimate Droid
    Need help rooting or putting on a custom ROM? PM me!!!

Thanks for allowing me to be the second member ever for the Spotlight of the Week in the Rescue Squad section!!

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm rocking my d1 still. My upgrade was available October 27th but since no phones are out right now That I want I gave my upgrade to my wife. Hopefully a phone I like comes out by January.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    The only two Devices I am interested as of now are the MotOlympus and the HDinc - and both are still "rumored" devices -

S-f-m-D

7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    I love my D1 (rooted, ROMd) and there's nothing on the market today that could convince me to move. What it will take is...

1) Much faster processor, possibly dual CPU

2) Improved screen resolution

3) Possibly the next "killer app" that wouldn't work on my D1
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    driod 2 global
    I've had my d1 sense launch and the Inc HD and the Olympus r the only two phones that have even made me think of upgrading. Right now my D1 is not working very well (keyboard and side buttons quit working) and my gf can't understand why I wont get a replacement w my insurance (they say they don't have any and want to send me a X)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The D1 is a beast plain and simple. With a little help from Compcache if needed and you can even throw a 32 meg swap file onto an EXT3 partition on your SDCard if memory is at a premium. Now that that is out of the way. I won't be upgrading until there is a solid Tegra 2 or other Cortex A9 based dual core handset out there that can be rooted and toyed with as easily as the Droid. Until then I am holding onto my wee beastie.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  10. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    I have the original Droid. I've been eligible for an upgrade for about a month. My Droid works very well and meets my needs so I have no plans to change.
    Forgive your enemies it messes with their minds!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Links