DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Motorola Droid A855 Upgrade to Droid A955 Keypad?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Bump? I'm going to assume that it didn't work bummer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Moto Droid
    ROM: UD 3.0
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    I have a question related to this topic - hopefully somebody has done this or knows how to do this...

I got a crack on the directional pad of my rubber keyboard and I want to replace it. Now I've seen replacement parts (i.e. the entire rubber keypad) for around $5 online and I'm just wondering how difficult it is to swap out. Just to clarify, I'm not trying to replace the actual keyboard, just the rubber overlay. The crack doesn't effect the function of the device, it just pisses me off that it has a crack now and I'm stuck with this device for the near future.

I read in an earlier post that the rubber overlay is glued to the actual keyboard, is this correct? If so, can it just be pulled up and replaced without having to take the device apart? That would be ideal...
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    UPDATE-

I FINALLY got a hold of a a955 with a bad ESN. So tonight and tomorrow, I will be doing many tests with my a855 and this other one. We will finally have this question answered in the next 24 hours. For all of you who subscribed, thank you for being interested.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    SCH-i515 - Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerofmx View Post
    UPDATE-

I FINALLY got a hold of a a955 with a bad ESN. So tonight and tomorrow, I will be doing many tests with my a855 and this other one. We will finally have this question answered in the next 24 hours. For all of you who subscribed, thank you for being interested.
    Good luck!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Ok, so MOST of the keyboard works. I am going to make a diagram of what keys do not work or have different symbols when you press it. All in all, it would work, since all of the letter, directions, alt/caps buttons, enter, 0-9, all work... just random symbols and like the search button do not work. I am pretty excited that I got to try it though.
  6. dankarlinski
    This ought to be an interesting outcome, no matter which way it goes

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus [LTE]
    Would you be able to talk a dev into merging the keyboard driver software? I'm fairly certain you can custom map keys by modifying the Latin ime apk

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I picked a used A855 off of Craigslist the other day to replace one that had been dropped about 6 months ago. The first thing I noticed was the keyboard - it was not like the keyboard on my previous Droid. This one had raised buttons whereas my last Droid keyboard had flat buttons. As a person with big fingers this made it hard to type, and now with the 'new' Droid that problem is gone. I've been searching the Internet high and low to see if anyone could shed any light on this, and this thread was the closest I came. I'll continue to do more research into this as my curiosity is driving me crazy, but I wanted to post these pics here to see if anyone has any insight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorola Droid A855 Upgrade to Droid A955 Keypad?-2011-04-01-14.09.21.jpg  
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by 209pcs View Post
    I picked a used A855 off of Craigslist the other day to replace one that had been dropped about 6 months ago. The first thing I noticed was the keyboard - it was not like the keyboard on my previous Droid. This one had raised buttons whereas my last Droid keyboard had flat buttons. As a person with big fingers this made it hard to type, and now with the 'new' Droid that problem is gone. I've been searching the Internet high and low to see if anyone could shed any light on this, and this thread was the closest I came. I'll continue to do more research into this as my curiosity is driving me crazy, but I wanted to post these pics here to see if anyone has any insight.
    I believe that the raised keys were on some of the droids that were produced early in the production. The keys were later changed to the flat ones because people were having trouble with the keys catching and ripping, when sliding the screen.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Links