Called a friend today and tried to push the red phone button to end the call. Nothing happened. It wouldnt hang up. I ended up having to knock out the battery.
Did a bunch of diagnostics (finally testing the screen with touch test app). It turns out about a quarter of the touch screen is no longer responsive. I have no idea why. I think it just malfunctioned.
So what do I do now? I looked around and checked my warranty, and it looks like the phone is covered for one year for stuff like this, but I have a few questions.
1. Any way this is a software rather than a hardware issue? I really don't think so.
2. Will Verizon fix it? Or give me a new one?
3. Should I just take it to the Verizon store? Or call?
4. My phone is rooted and I'm running a rom. I should pry do a factory reset, or whatever, to get it looking like stock. If I do that, I won't have any trouble, Right? (please spare me the moralizing).
5. If verizon agrees to replace my phone, any chance I can pay a bit more money and upgrade to a droid 2 (I am the second, not primary, line on a family plan)?
6. Real short in the dark here: any chance Verizon will let me pay extra so I can upgrade to a r2d2 droid 2??
Thanks for all the help.. I love my droid and am pretty bummed. However, if i get it repaired or get a new one, I will still be pro droid.
Hope this makes sense. Thanks droidforums!!