DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Droid Possessed

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerozix View Post
    Faulty battery pack is now acting up. I know that placing my phone on granite would also do that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    HMMM. Well, i got it back to Stock and will take the poor thing into the doc this afternoon. Getting it booted and signing into google account was not easy with the screen hopping around lol lol.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I had the problem last week after getting a greasy film on my screen from my hands. Touch screen started activating without me touching it, opening apps, and random clicking. This has happened about three times since I bought it. Would not stop until I cleaned the screen.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTiger View Post
    I had the problem last week after getting a greasy film on my screen from my hands. Touch screen started activating without me touching it, opening apps, and random clicking. This has happened about three times since I bought it. Would not stop until I cleaned the screen.
    Well, Lets see what happens! I just cleaned with Monster Screen cleaner. Will let you know.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    [quote=beerman1373;975078]
    I thought we had it! But after 30 minutes it started again .
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Droid for sale!!!!!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    your not alone a couple of days my droid started doing the same thing as well. I am running Stock 2.1 i didn't install any software or updates that I know of before this started happening. I even shut off my wiFi & cell service to see if someone was hacking into my phone. But it bypasses and connects to whatever it wants internet & making phone calls even when I have those services turned off. It even tried to buy Tetris out of the market place. It got to the confirmation page before I got the battery out. It seems a bit fishy that all of a sudden multiple people are having the same issue. I am going be a Verizon store in the morning to see what they have to say about it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Sounds like a club is forming. I had the same issue and there is another thread with the same issues "phantom screen touches " or something close. I had run several ROMS the last being LFY 1.8 which was buggy. I went to stock 2.2 and even formatted my SD card. That helped a lot but still had occasionally phantom touches. I just got a referb under warranty and so far its flawless. Same SD card but I haven't transferred all files back yet. All I can think of is that I removed a screen protector just before it first started. The SD card was looking like the problem but it just seemed to reduce the frequency of the wierdness. Also just got a new battery and went through 1 charge and drain cycle with the old phone. Some improvement from old battery but not much.
    Now with the referb I have 8.5 hours at 50% with an hour of phone calls and almost 2 hours of screen on. Crazy better than the old phone/new battery. I got about 8 hours of moderate use with the old phone /battery. The referb looks very good but the slider is kinda loose. I can live with that if this battery use keeps up. So far so good with the screen thing. Anyone who is having this prob had a screen protector???

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Something like that can be attributed to a faulty digitizer. The good news is that if the phone is less than a year old it's still under Motorola warranty. Warranty = free replacement.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto D2
    Both my droids have done this sort of thing, opening contacts, opening voice command menu, etc, a couple times over the last 2 months. I'm rooted, the wife is not.

Very random, intermittent and strange. Each time I've seen it start up, grabbing the phone and tapping home a few times stopped the activity without any further trouble.

10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadroid View Post
    Both my droids have done this sort of thing, opening contacts, opening voice command menu, etc, a couple times over the last 2 months. I'm rooted, the wife is not.

Very random, intermittent and strange. Each time I've seen it start up, grabbing the phone and tapping home a few times stopped the activity without any further trouble.
    Have you done a proximity sensor reset?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links