DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 99 of 199 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid 2.1

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishtheDish View Post
    Yeah... all 3 of my phones are from 3 different places. With this last one, I haven't even put any apps on it for fear one of them was causing the ultimate fail.
    So whatever outlet you purchased it from let you go to another source to get your second and third droid?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic! Ret. OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Whats PEBKAC

Pe

Let me google that for you
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    What a bunch of whiny naggers ...seriously, what other phone can compare in quality to the Droid? Besides the iPhone and Nexus One, there is nothing else. Theres no other phone even in the same ballpark...so appreciate what a powerful device you have because nothing will be perfect. Why not be somewhat grateful? And maybe learn how to take proper care of your phone while your at it, anyone that has went through 3 phones claiming this and that or whatever, must crave attention, or is just SUPER critical and over dramatic of everything in their life...

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic with Safestrap
    Here's some advice for those who need 2.1 now-right-now!! From the great Threebrain:

"Hold out for your life. Hold on to your little gonads and strife.
    Gonads and strife,
    Gonads and strife,
    Gonads and strife."
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    The only problem I have had with my phone was buggy apps and user error. I don't want to stand next to that person who expects everything to be perfect during a lightning storm, cause with their luck I would get hit too. My phone is perfect. A mini computer if I don't overload her with crappy apps. That's what my iTouch is for.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    I have had zero problems with my Droid. Flash would be nice since there are some sites that I visit that use if, but other than that the Droid has been flawless.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    [quote=TrishtheDish;186963][QUOTE=TrishtheDish;186915].... I would suggest user error, but if I hand the phone off to others, the problems follow the device, not just the user....

But thanks for expressing your concern.

My Linux Senior Systems Admin husband (just stating this as he should be pretty computer/device savvy) has tried using this thing and had the same issues. His response was "I wouldn't want this thing if someone gave it to me." (I got him a PEBKAC shirt last Christmas though )
    You should chill and just replace your unit. For every complaint on a forum there are thousands of happy campers. Me!
    My unit has had only a single bug when I installed a Bluetooth Toggle Widget. Uninstalled and it was gone.
    You have a few bugs and seen some others here and want to proclaim ALL DROIDS SUCK!

I think its more like YOUR DROID SUCKS.

1. Pull the /sdcard.
    2. Format it in a PC.
    3. Reinstall into phone.
    4. Boot.
    5. Perform Factory Reset.
    6. Do not run Apps for a week to monitor.
    7. If all is well install Apps one at a time @ 24 hour intervals and note which and when.
    8. If this fails to improve it and you have insurance, drop it off a building!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    ^^ Best advice so far... thank you. I have tried that... found that the stupid un-needed task killer was to blame for some issues. Then kept troubleshooting and found that weatherbug was causing some issues with the actual phone part of the device.... or at least that is what I have found in my case.

The point here is not me whining about a ****ty product, it is simply stating the problems that I have had with 3 separate devices. (And this isn't the thread to go into all of those details once again, but if someone would like I can start a new thread)

I am stating that the general population is ok with mediocre. It's not a perfect OS and quite frankly I feel I paid and continue to pay too much for a product that does not do what it is supposed to do with minimum issues. If you don't see it that way, then that's fine, we don't agree. There is no reason to go on a forum and say I am whining and should just accept this phone as is... if that was the case and google agreed, they wouldn't be fixing bugs. They would just be like "oh well, it works good enough." I guess I have the mentality that things can always get better and be better and that is what I am hoping for with 2.1. For bugs to be fixed and to have some improvement.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    I've seen plenty of great posts and learned a lot about various apps and things the Droid can do. In that regard this is a great forum with lots of people helping each other out.

The part I dislike is time and time again I see someone with a complaint about their phone and people jump all over them. I recently saw a post saying "its great to see all the new faces here" and then I see some posts that go and blow those new faces right out of the water. If I was on my third phone I'd be unhappy too. The fact someone is on their 3rd phone yet posting here might indicate they are hoping for a fix rather than wanting to toss in the towel.

If your phone dies it doesn't mean operator error. My phone was fine for 2 months then started rebooting and wouldn't stop. I didn't root it. I uninstalled apps. I factory reset the phone yet it still kept rebooting. The on-phone tech and in-store tech concurred and gave me a free trade. Except for that 2 day period my experience with the phone has been excellent. A friend did return his. He had the issue where the touchscreen wasn't responsive and he gave up. It didn't work for him. It didn't work for me. It didn't work for others...his phone was broke. There are issues with some (small number) of phones.

If you have a brand new car that doesn't work right the last thing you want to hear is someone say "go buy another brand if you aren't happy". If a product, any product, doesn't work it should either be fixed, replaced, or refunded. I see nothing wrong with waiting...and waiting, for a fix and hanging in there to see if said fix will really fix the issue. That's the end-user's option. Likewise, if said fixes don't fix their issue then they should get a refund.

I think there are way more happy Droid owners than not. I'd return phone number 3 for phone number 4. Verizon stores will do a 45 minute walk-through training thing for free for a customer. I'd want that just to ensure the phone worked properly and I wasn't getting another lemon. If that didn't work I'd be bailing and I'd chalk it up to bad luck with getting all the drop-test demo versions.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I feel sorry for people who can't enjoy the moment or what they have now and are always looking to get something new. Doesn't seem fun to me. As I send this via the Droid I feel lucky that I don't have this problem or any of these bugs people are complaining about. Nothing is perfect and if u pick at something enough you can find a flaw. Now let me get back to playing sonic on my gameboid.

LOVE THIS PHONE! To me its anything but mediocre.
Page 99 of 199 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Links