DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199
Results 1,981 to 1,989 of 1989

Thread: Motorola Droid 2.1

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by anuraj1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsjh13 View Post
    I have spoken to several Reps.Of which have said 2.1 is coming to the droid within 3 to 4 weeks.I have compiled information from various blogs and have concluded that the information 3 reps have given me were not false.
    Code for "I am guessing, just like everyone else at this point." haha
    That's exactly what I was thinking... lol

Nobody in here knows when it's coming, and the only way we're going to know for sure is when we Motorola makes an OFFICIAL announcement, or we start downloading it.

Anything else that is said in here is pure speculation unless you work for Motorola and have concrete proof...
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmVeePee View Post
    I have no loyalty to Motorola. If they **** me on this one, I just won't buy from them anymore. Brand loyalty is a dangerous thing, and a huge hindrance to technology. Be careful, and always be objective with your technology.

So in a sense, yes, they are obligated to.

Using things as "'multi-touch' and 'flash' capable" for marketing is pretty despicable if they don't make good on that. While I understand that is almost entirely Google/Adobe/3rd party, if the technology exists and the phone can handle it, then its ultimately Motorolas decision.
    Grow up!! It has been 3 months!!! They have had 2 OTA updates and 2 OTA updates for maps all in 3 months!!! I dont know about you but to me that seems they are keeping up with the updates that you think they are "obligated" to do!!!!
    Last edited by cereal killer; 02-13-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: not neccesary
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by hacku View Post

Nobody in here knows when it's coming, and the only way we're going to know for sure is when we Motorola makes an OFFICIAL announcement, or we start downloading it.

Anything else that is said in here is pure speculation unless you work for Motorola and have concrete proof...
    I agree with all of this except that it's Verizon that is going to ultimately push the update, not Moto. Which doesn't change the main thrust of your argument, which is that no firm and credible announcement of a date has been made.

And FireDroid, careful or you'll have people demanding a supercharger in 2.1.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That's really not necessary, personal attacks aren't really called for
    Last edited by cereal killer; 02-13-2010 at 07:32 PM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROIDDDD
    Quote Originally Posted by hacku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anuraj1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsjh13 View Post
    I have spoken to several Reps.Of which have said 2.1 is coming to the droid within 3 to 4 weeks.I have compiled information from various blogs and have concluded that the information 3 reps have given me were not false.
    Code for "I am guessing, just like everyone else at this point." haha
    That's exactly what I was thinking... lol

Whatever.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by joeymoose View Post
    Well, lets see here. I'm a nice guy so i will let you know what just happened. Someone said the Droid will be the next moto phone to receive an update. But the nexus one is the only one that received an update to 2.1 So the Nexus released after the Droid and has been updated before the Droid. I guess it just went over your head...........How tall are you?
    The nexus 1 is not a Motorola phone hence the Droid will be the first Motorola phone to get 2.1!!

Nexus 1 was designed around and was launched with 2.1, it was not an OTA update!!

Hopefully THAT didnt go over YOUR head!! Do research before you try to bust testes!!!!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROIDDDD
    Quote Originally Posted by firedroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeymoose View Post
    well, lets see here. I'm a nice guy so i will let you know what just happened. Someone said the droid will be the next moto phone to receive an update. But the nexus one is the only one that received an update to 2.1 so the nexus released after the droid and has been updated before the droid. I guess it just went over your head...........how tall are you?
    the nexus 1 is not a motorola phone hence the droid will be the first motorola phone to get 2.1!!

Nexus 1 was designed around and was launched with 2.1, it was not an ota update!!

Hopefully that didnt go over your head!! Do research before you try to bust testes!!!!
    lollll!!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    But to reiterate. Relying on reps for your information is nothing but a losing game. That's the one thing that should stop. lets not think any information based on Reps speaking to you or anyone else means anything.
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1570 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Closed up......thread has gone no where and people continue to abuse their privileges.

Admins/Mods have asked nicely countless times for everyone to stay on topic and to stop the personal attacks yet it continues.

This thread has taken up way too much of our time trying to moderate and there comes a time when something becomes too much of a distraction that it's just not worth it. That time has come. It's long overdue actually.

Lets all move on and when an official announcement is made we will open an Official 2.1 thread.
Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199

Links