DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 189 of 199 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1989

Thread: Motorola Droid 2.1

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    D1, D2, DX,TBolt, Galaxy Nexus
    If this is correct...... WOW. Moto being outperformed by Samsung....You would think Motorola would be able to do something similar. hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by EmmVeePee View Post
    The Samsung moment is getting bumped to 2.1 this month. Samsung gave a date: February 22.

How sad is that? They even set a date...
    Last edited by MrKleen; 02-12-2010 at 04:39 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid A855 Bone Stock
    I GOT MY OTA 2.1UPDATE TODAY YAY not thanks motor when the update rumors were not true the first time I was dissatisfied but this time I'm pissed moto sucks
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot839 View Post
    I GOT MY OTA 2.1UPDATE TODAY YAY not thanks motor when the update rumors were not true the first time I was dissatisfied but this time I'm pissed moto sucks
    Google Translation did not work on this post
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen View Post
    If this is correct...... WOW. Moto being outperformed by Samsung....You would think Motorola would be able to do something similar. hmmm

The Samsung moment is getting bumped to 2.1 this month. Samsung gave a date: February 22.

When will you folk get it through your thick heads that Verizon is going to delay the update, not Motorola?

Moto cannot make VZW release it.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by homemadehitshow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot839 View Post
    Google Translation did not work on this post
    Hahahah...

Google Translation only works for kindergarten grammar and up.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    If this is correct...... WOW. You would think Motorola would be able to do something similar. hmmm

Well honestly I think they were actually ready to give us the update. I don't think Moto "jumped the gun" at all. I believe the only reason the update was yanked and pushed back was from all the *****ing people were doing at them for not putting in 2.1 launcher and live wallpapers and crap like that.

Anyone that saw how freaking childish people were on the moto facebook page as well as even this site in regards to not having everything that was in the nexus 2.1 rom in our upcoming update should have no problem seeing why moto decided to pull it. I would pull it too if my customers acted like that over, what at the start were unconfirmed rumors from endgadget from unknown or confirmed sources.

Heck reading that poor companies facebook page I fully expected people to start carpooling to their headquarters with pitchforks and torches.... semi joking.. some people are a little over the top

I also heard rumor that there was indeed a few 2.1 pushes done and it resulted in several supposedly bricked phones? I don't remember where I saw that to confirm anything. It could be people that were running custom roms with ota not blocked for some reason. Perhaps they want a way to OTA regardless of what hacks people have done and push everyone to stock?

We'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime there are plenty of awesome 2.0.1 roms if you are willing to mess with your phone as well as 2.1 roms that work fairly decently, if not entirely stable. Aside from bug fixes and some tweaks there really isn't anything that good in the update that really people need to get so upset. I mean my god people want live wall papers that badly? They look cool but bleh and the 2.1 launcher is ok when it's not buggy, but it's not any better than the one we have on 2.0.1, just different. I actually prefer the old one anyway, aside from it's much much faster.

It will come when it comes, take deep breaths and be patient hahaha.

note that isn't really focused on the person i quoted. it's kind of a blanket statement from observations on various pages, moto facebook, this forum and some others... lots of violent people all over, kinda scary really.

When will you folk get it through your thick heads that Verizon is going to delay the update, not Motorola?

hmm true, but do we know who actually pulled this? moto is just as capable of pulling the update back from verizon if they found a bug or as the case may be a huge mob of angry people screaming at them..... I don't know what if any programming verizon does at all. I think all they do is test and push. Edit2: or could be verizon upper level people saw the mob on motos door and decided ..... hey maybe we should have them add that stuff in. I'm sure vz does not want to deal with that kind of fallout of angry people
    Last edited by LrdElderon; 02-12-2010 at 05:03 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    But the update is even pulled as far as we know. Just not out yet.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just noticed that Verizon's Droid page has put the word "New" beside the Droid Update link. However the link still takes you to the 2.0.1 software information. This may be nothing but maybe they are in the final stage of getting this update out!

Droid from Verizon Wireless
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorola Droid 2.1-screen-shot-2010-02-12-7.26.32-pm.png  
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by LrdElderon View Post
    If this is correct...... WOW. You would think Motorola would be able to do something similar. hmmm

Well honestly I think they were actually ready to give us the update. I don't think Moto "jumped the gun" at all. I believe the only reason the update was yanked and pushed back was from all the *****ing people were doing at them for not putting in 2.1 launcher and live wallpapers and crap like that.

Anyone that saw how freaking childish people were on the moto facebook page as well as even this site in regards to not having everything that was in the nexus 2.1 rom in our upcoming update should have no problem seeing why moto decided to pull it. I would pull it too if my customers acted like that over, what at the start were unconfirmed rumors from endgadget from unknown or confirmed sources.

Heck reading that poor companies facebook page I fully expected people to start carpooling to their headquarters with pitchforks and torches.... semi joking.. some people are a little over the top

I also heard rumor that there was indeed a few 2.1 pushes done and it resulted in several supposedly bricked phones? I don't remember where I saw that to confirm anything. It could be people that were running custom roms with ota not blocked for some reason. Perhaps they want a way to OTA regardless of what hacks people have done and push everyone to stock?

We'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime there are plenty of awesome 2.0.1 roms if you are willing to mess with your phone as well as 2.1 roms that work fairly decently, if not entirely stable. Aside from bug fixes and some tweaks there really isn't anything that good in the update that really people need to get so upset. I mean my god people want live wall papers that badly? They look cool but bleh and the 2.1 launcher is ok when it's not buggy, but it's not any better than the one we have on 2.0.1, just different. I actually prefer the old one anyway, aside from it's much much faster.

It will come when it comes, take deep breaths and be patient hahaha.

note that isn't really focused on the person i quoted. it's kind of a blanket statement from observations on various pages, moto facebook, this forum and some others... lots of violent people all over, kinda scary really.

hmm true, but do we know who actually pulled this? moto is just as capable of pulling the update back from verizon if they found a bug or as the case may be a huge mob of angry people screaming at them..... I don't know what if any programming verizon does at all. I think all they do is test and push. Edit2: or could be verizon upper level people saw the mob on motos door and decided ..... hey maybe we should have them add that stuff in. I'm sure vz does not want to deal with that kind of fallout of angry people
    Your logic is all wrong I think. A large company like moto is not going to punish customers just because of some flaming online. It has not come yet because they guy that they have posting on the facebook page is most likely not a developer for 2.1 so he does really not know what is going on. He is more of a PR guy. I don't know where you have gotten this whole bricking phones idea. People have speculated that they don't want it to be released becuase that could happen. I believe it is close. This matt guy just got a little excited and jumped the gun. He may not know what really is going on. Then again I could be wrong.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidGenius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid101 View Post
    Did you guys know that 2.2 is already out there and on some phones expected next month? I wounder if 2.2 would be required for flash seeing how adobe had stated some enhancements needed to be released? Any thoughts?

Link for it?
    I think he's referring to the HTC Scorpion which doesn't actually exist yet.
    Yes and yes it hasn't been confirmed that is exists just that it is possibly in development.
    Rumor: HTC Scorpion To Feature 1.5GHz Qualcomm Processor, Android 2.2, And WiMax – SoftSailor
    Motorola Droid 09-11/ Droid Charge 11-2/12/ Galaxy Nexus 12-?

Links