DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: who get benefit the most from the Droid?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dphone

who get benefit the most from the Droid?

Google, Verizon, or Motorola? I've been monitor their stock, but they have not moved that much. Also, when are we going to receive ads banners from Google? Will this ads banners download count toward our data plan. I don't think it will be much.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Verizon over all. Motorola and Google at the beginning.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nolanandy View Post
    Google, Verizon, or Motorola? I've been monitor their stock, but they have not moved that much. Also, when are we going to receive ads banners from Google? Will this ads banners download count toward our data plan. I don't think it will be much.

What add banners?
    Sent from my Android Acer Iconia 500.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dphone
    why google give out free OS to the phone maker? they don't just do it for nothing. My co-workers and I had a discussion about this yesterday, we think that since there is a GPS chip built-in, google will figure a way to send out ads banner about the local business around the location that we are in. Let's hope this is not a case.
    Last edited by nolanandy; 12-16-2009 at 09:41 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    All three but mostly Google.

I say Google because if you see the direction of the OS, every app and widget is becoming Google-related. Android is supposed to have open development but more and more people are just using programs promoted by Google. People are becoming dependent on everything Google (Gmail, Voice, Nav, etc etc etc)..for better or worse.

At first I would say Verizon because they now have a flagship phone to battle the iPhone and AT&T..but with rumors of Apple coming over in late 2010, this logic will be faulted.

The Droid saved Motorola from collapsing in the smartphone industry.

All 3 have been equally benefited...but when you think down the line and in the future you will see that Google's infiltration began now. Because when it was just T-Mobile, Google/Android was a failure -- large scale picture wise.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    My new moto DROID!
    I say Motorola in the long run. Especially since there will be a push to adopt the European cellular model. Phones being unlocked and using chips to provide service, or so I've heard.

Don't need a GPS
    Don't need books
    Don't need a planner
    Ditched the iPod
    Don't even need 411
    I'V GOT A DROID... NOW ONLY IF IT COULD KEEP ME WARM AT NIGHT...
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    don't know about the ads. however they all will benifit from the driod, vzw with the contracts and all of them from the sales. (can't remember motorola's last big phone..the razor?) google also gets the spot light on it's android os, not that it was unheard of before but this is taking it to the next level.

as for google giving out their os for nothing, well it is and interesting move, i'm not sure what their plans are for the future (especially with the nexus one not being carrier specific) but then again they have the money and can do just about anything they want and not worry too much. i would imagine this is a precursor to something much bigger for google.
    “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 Motorola Droid
    ............Google,........
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid motorola
    Quote Originally Posted by nolanandy View Post
    why google give out free OS to the phone maker? they don't just do it for nothing. My co-workers and I had a discussion about this yesterday, we think that since there is a GPS chip built-in, google will figure a way to send out ads banner about the local business around the location that we are in. Let's hope this is not a case.
    If they sent out annoying banners, the phone would lose appeal. Let's say there was a battle betwen the iphone and droid, it doesn't make sense for google to give the iphone an advantage.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I would say all are benefiting from the DROID, maybe more than the others.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links