DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid will not charge.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Angry Droid will not charge.

Droid will not charge. The LED light on the side of the MircoUSB blinks fast and constantly. My other Droid charges just fine with the same charger.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    Droid will not charge. The LED light on the side of the MircoUSB blinks fast and constantly. My other Droid charges just fine with the same charger.
    Sounds to me like you have a bad battery. Take it to Verizon and let them confirm that for you. Chances are since you're still under warranty they will give you another battery. If they say no, call Verizon customer service and see if that helps. If the answer is still no, then you're kind of stuck. Head over to Amazon.coma and get one for like 8.00, much cheaper then what Verizon would sell it to you for.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The battery will charge in other Droids, sorry I didn't mention that.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    The battery will charge in other Droids, sorry I didn't mention that.
    Well, then that's a whole different story. Try putting a fresh battery in there and doing a factory data reset. If that doesn't fix it then get a replacement for it.

I recommend doing this by phone if necessary as opposed to doing it in the Verizon Store. Customer Service people on the phone won't make you jump through hoops to get your replacement.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    you said the battery will charge in other droids, but will that 'bad' droid charge with a different battery?

i have an issues similar to yours. if my droids battery dies completely, the ONLY way i can charge it is if i use a oem motorola wall charger, but the trick is, i gotta plug the micro usb cable in half way. just enough for it to hold but not fall out or snap in all the way. the light next to the port should turn on and stay on. leave it like this for ~1 hour. then push the plug in the rest of the way and let it charge up fully

at least thats what i have to do

The Germ Series, DroidMod & HelloDroid bootanimations
    kudolabs.net
    or 1NEk7HYFRHK9dUPmkApAkCY6kYE5YNfD8n
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah, I tried that a bit ago and no joy. It's a used Droid and I would like to fix it myself. I was just wondering if that blinking LED was an indicator for something, like a particular problem. I was going to try and solder on a different charging port but I would like to know what else it could be before I did that. I tried 3 different known working batteries in that Droid that doesn't charge.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Plugging it in half way made the light go solid for about a second. Now it's blinking slower. I guess that means something is up with the port itself. Another thing I should mention, the charging indicator on the Android OS is blinking too at the same speed of the LED. It was blinking faster before I tried plugging it in just half way.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Plugging it in half way made the light go solid for about a second. Now it's blinking slower. I guess that means something is up with the port itself. Another thing I should mention, the charging indicator on the Android OS is blinking too at the same speed of the LED. It was blinking faster before I tried plugging it in just half way.
    yep, it will go solid for a second sometimes. you have to keep trying till it goes full solid and stays on. it takes time to get the cable in just the right position. i find it helps if you take the battery out for about 5min before hand

OR, charge the battery in another phone, put it back in the bad phone and see if it charges while the phone is on

The Germ Series, DroidMod & HelloDroid bootanimations
    kudolabs.net
    or 1NEk7HYFRHK9dUPmkApAkCY6kYE5YNfD8n
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Unhappy won't charge via wall-plug, car-charger, USB is okay

Called several times the Verizon tech support, unfortunately I don't have that much time to troubleshoot, and the techs who were supposed to call me on another line, did not call back.

I am heading to the store to see what my options are. Such a great phone, very poor support so far.

Links