DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help deciding

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Need help deciding

So I had a droid about a month ago and canceled my account to get an iPhone 4. I've been pretty happy with ATTs service, and with the phone itself so far. Well, until today, I received a letter in the mail from Verizon saying they want me back and they'll wave my cancellation fee, they'll give me 100 off any smartphone if I sign a 2yr contract, and they'll wave the activation fee. I still have a week to return my iPhone and get my money back, so if I did, I'd get my 230 back....

Now I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it, but I'm not sure what phone to get, I went to the VZW store and played with the X, the Incredible, the Droid 2 and I honestly can't decide. I'm leaning towards the X at the moment, but it seems to me the Incredible's screen is more accurate, coming pretty close to the iPhone's. Could that be because of a crappy X display or is that the general consensus? Also, are there any new Droids coming out soon?

Thanks!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    why did you go to the iphone in the first place?
    i'd say check out the fascinate also but there are many new phones coming out within the next few months
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    It's all up to you, but here's my personal take:

VZW's coverage is infinitely better in the places I spend time.

Do you want a physical keyboard? Then D2.

The DInc and DX are both great phones, no matter what the display models do. I'd take the DX over the DInc because I like the display more, I think the battery life is a bit better on stock batteries, and I like Motorola's phones in general. Also, keep in mind that the DInc is on it's way out -- it's something like 6 months old.

There are always new phones coming out, both LTE (4G) phones and more 3G phones. You'll have to do some research on your own, but I dont know how much has been confirmed. Something new around the corner is just a way of life.

It's completely up to you. Good luck.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the replies so far.

I went the iPhone route because I believe the iPhone is the better phone, and I still do. If VZW hadn't sent me that letter, I wouldn't have thought twice about switching back. Anyway, by phones coming out soon, I meant like within the next month or so.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by akj27 View Post

I went the iPhone route because I believe the iPhone is the better phone, and I still do. If VZW hadn't sent me that letter, I wouldn't have thought twice about switching back. Anyway, by phones coming out soon, I meant like within the next month or so.
    so your main concern is just saving money and going with a inferior phone?
    but for phones coming out, i don't remember which ones but if you look around there is plenty of information
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber889 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by akj27 View Post

so your main concern is just saving money and going with a inferior phone?
    but for phones coming out, i don't remember which ones but if you look around there is plenty of information

Pretty much, I'm gonna save about $200 by doing this, and I can't say no to that lol.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    well you can always wait for the iphone when it comes to verizon if you like that. but the phones right now, i have the fascinate and think that is the best phone out right now.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    If you think the iPhone is superior (how? Hardware it's no great shakes except for the display and front-facing camera, and software is more stable but far less flexible?), then you'll not be happy with a Droid, regardless of the model.

However, if you're going to save the $200 anyway, I'd recommend either the Incredible or the X at the moment. The Incredible is about as close to an iPhone as you're going to get at the moment.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    i'd say the fascinate is more close to the iphone than the incredible.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    I meant in looks and hand-feel, not in specs or useability (or lack-thereof, no slight intended, we ARE talking about an iPhone here).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links