DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid - Sluggish desktop

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Motorola Droid - Sluggish desktop

so the other day I noticed that my droid was taking longer to load the app shortcuts on the desktop then normal. I though it could have been related to the latest update of "launcherPro". Since I noticed that the latest firmware update allowed for more then 3 screens, I uninstalled LauncherPro..only this did not resolve the sluggishness of the phone. I looked any any recently installed apps and removed them, hoping it was something related..No luck. I then Tried to clear the cache from all apps....still nothing. I have tried rebooting the phone and still no luck..It basically takes about 5+ seconds for my apps to populate on the desktop of th phone. The only thing I see is the 3 button on the bottom (phone, menu, web). If I try to select the menu button, the app draw opens but there are no apps...after a few seconds (depending on how long I wait to push the menu button) everything shows up. I've had the phone for about 6 months now so I know its not suppose to be this slow...does anyone have an suggestions on how to fix/resolve this.

ps. The phone is not rooted.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy Me too

This is occurring on both my and my wife's phone also - very annoying - also occurs when switching from orientations.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Try getting a cache cleaner from the Market and clear the caches in your apps. That should help some.

Also if either of you are using a task killer or virus protection get rid of it. It's not necessary.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SAMSUNG NEXUS
    I had the same problem.
    I switched to ZEAM launcher and now i am back to normal though.
    It is a problem with launcher pro on my d1.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I have had this problem too. I uninstalled my task manager (which makes me uncomfortable because I've had one on there since I got my phone). This seems to have taken care of the problem. No freezing up or anything for about an hour now....thanks
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    It's my experience that the majority of people who seem to have these slow down issues aren't doing any maintenance on their phone. No maintenance and eventually you will end up doing a factory data reset.

Cache cleaners are something everyone should have.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Try getting a cache cleaner from the Market and clear the caches in your apps. That should help some.

Also if either of you are using a task killer or virus protection get rid of it. It's not necessary.
    I stopped using task killers along time ago, but I recently installed lookout and it has anti-virus. Should I disable this feature?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham3660 View Post

I stopped using task killers along time ago, but I recently installed lookout and it has anti-virus. Should I disable this feature?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    You can disable it. There is basically no need to worry about virusus on an android phone so an anti-virus program is just wasting resources.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    It's my experience that the majority of people who seem to have these slow down issues aren't doing any maintenance on their phone. No maintenance and eventually you will end up doing a factory data reset.

When I go to the market to download a cache cleaner there are only 5 that come up. Is there one in particular that you would suggest. I was starting to worry that my phone was just getting old because it was really slowing down. I'm sure I need to clean it up......
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadman View Post

When I go to the market to download a cache cleaner there are only 5 that come up. Is there one in particular that you would suggest. I was starting to worry that my phone was just getting old because it was really slowing down. I'm sure I need to clean it up......
    Well, I use Quick App Clean Cache. It works for both rooted and non rooted phones. You can easily see if an app needs cache cleaned if you are not rooted. Stock phones cache needs to be cleaned one app at a time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links