I have read the manual and played around and can not find a batch delete function as well. But it is quite snappy and functions quite well otherwise.
What you do have is the small check box to the left of each message title in the Inbox. Tap that box to select it and continue down the list, when you do this a menu appears at the bottom of the screen with Mark Unread, Add Star, and Delete.
My email was working flawlessly for about a week, but tonight it started crashing each time I tried to open an email. I get an error message, that leaves me only with the option to force close.
The confusing thing is that I am still linked to the server. I get new email titles -- I just can't open them without getting the errort message "Sorry! The application Email (processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again....Force Close"
Has anyone else dealt with this? Is the problem with my email application or with my server?
I have several concerns with Droid's e-mail capability:
1) Today and for the last few days, several times, the e-mail client hung in Loading Messages.... mode and nothing short of powering down would get it to stop. Today, I discovered that I missed e-mail for a few hours for this reason. And worse, after rebooting the Droid, I still could not retrieve the missing mail that my desktop could retrieve.
2) Not being able to create folders is a huge shortcoming.
3) Not being able to cut and paste from one e-mail to another is another huge shortcoming. I use e-mail templates to respond to clients quickly by copying and pasting and editing and on the Droid this is impossible to accomplish.
4) I purchased Documents To Go and still, after a software update, I can not view most .pdf files sent to me. Some are viewable. The unviewable ones are always viewable on my desktop pc.
5) A large business critical spreadsheet will not load into Documents To Go. It starts and then freezes. Dataviz support is useless as they blame the Droid for every problem.
Please, please, someone produce a reasonably capable e-mail program for this otherwise wonderful phone or I, and I suspect many others will have to sell it and go back to what works.
I read your response. Could you explain in detail how to set this up? I kept having trouble receiving my emails on the Droid. I tried deleting the account and reseting the phone. I would start receiving emails, and then after a few hours it would stop. This mainly occurred, for some strange reason, during the night. In order for me to get my emails to restart, I had to turn the phone off or take the batteries out. Then it would start for a few hours andn stop. Right now I am having my emails forwarded to gmail. This works like a champ. However, it should work with emails. My provider is cablevision. Please help.