DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which version of Droid for upgrade or wait?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt

Which version of Droid for upgrade or wait?

I'm due for an upgrade. I currently have the env 3. I plan to use the phone for apps and the internet mostly. I don't make many phone calls (less than 20-30 min/day) and don't expect to use it a ton. i would like for it to have a great battery life and probably an actual keyboard (but not a necessity). what would be the best model? is there a model coming out soon i should consider? i keep hearing rumors about an iphone, should i wait for this (would i be waiting forever?? lol)?

also i have been reading about a tiered data plan, since i don't expect to be using it constantly, are chances most likely that the plan for me with be less than $30/month?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    Dejuanxg
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    If say shoot for the droid x or wait till later this year for more choices me I'm waiting till next year to use my upgrade.
  3. dbu
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by gymangel812 View Post
    I'm due for an upgrade. I currently have the env 3. I plan to use the phone for apps and the internet mostly. I don't make many phone calls (less than 20-30 min/day) and don't expect to use it a ton. i would like for it to have a great battery life and probably an actual keyboard (but not a necessity). what would be the best model? is there a model coming out soon i should consider? i keep hearing rumors about an iphone, should i wait for this (would i be waiting forever?? lol)?

also i have been reading about a tiered data plan, since i don't expect to be using it constantly, are chances most likely that the plan for me with be less than $30/month?
    It's really a matter of choice. Unless you are planning on rooting it then I would say whatever, just go up to the store and play with them. Me, I would wait since LTE is about to go live. As far as the data plan goes, get the unlimited while you can, you will more than likely be grandfathered in if they do go to tiered plans. You would be surprised at how fast you can chew up 2gb of data.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    i'm considering the upcoming droid pro, thoughts on that one? i might considering rooting, it looks interesting and would be nice to make it faster.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    Dejuanxg
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    If it comes with a 1Ghz processor then overclocking isnt really worth the risk since the max I think is 1.2Ghz.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Overclocking isnt really necessary with the 1ghz phones.

OP, really you want to think about what DBU said. The new Verizon network s going live sometime in the near future, but we dont know exactly when. If you live in a major metro area, then that might be something you want to consider. If, like me, you live in Podunk, USA, then it might not be so big a concern in the immediate future. Any Droid phone will be a huge upgrade from the enV3.

I, personally, will be holding onto my November upgrade for at least 6 months, to see what Verizon does with their LTE network.
  7. dbu
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Overclocking isnt really necessary with the 1ghz phones.

OP, really you want to think about what DBU said. The new Verizon network s going live sometime in the near future, but we dont know exactly when. If you live in a major metro area, then that might be something you want to consider. If, like me, you live in Podunk, USA, then it might not be so big a concern in the immediate future. Any Droid phone will be a huge upgrade from the enV3.

I, personally, will be holding onto my November upgrade for at least 6 months, to see what Verizon does with their LTE network.
    Where you @ LtKen? The LTE coverage looks pretty good, unless you're in one of the white areas.

By the way, I find it really funny that the entire state of North Dakota is covered...
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I'm halfway between Bakersfield, CA and Edwards AFB in the Mojave Desert. Basically halfway between LA and Vegas.

I was under the impression that the LTE coverage was the yellow cities, and the red was VZW's regular 3G Coverage. I'd love to be wrong on this one though... But, I think the launch will just be in the major metro areas, and those of us in nowheresville will see LTE a bit later.
    Last edited by LtKen; 10-12-2010 at 07:00 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I'm halfway between Bakersfield, CA and Edwards AFB in the Mojave Desert. Basically halfway between LA and Vegas.

I was under the impression that the LTE coverage was the yellow cities, and the red was VZW's regular 3G Coverage. I'd love to be wrong on this one though... But, I think the launch will just be in the major metro areas, and those of us in nowheresville will see LTE a bit later.
    That is correct a city with a yellow circle denotes 4G the red denotes their 3G coverage area.
  10. dbu
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Uggh, my bad. Map key fail...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links