DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Which version of Droid for upgrade or wait?

  1. Droid
    gymangel812's Avatar
    Member #
    126371
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    #1

    Which version of Droid for upgrade or wait?

    I'm due for an upgrade. I currently have the env 3. I plan to use the phone for apps and the internet mostly. I don't make many phone calls (less than 20-30 min/day) and don't expect to use it a ton. i would like for it to have a great battery life and probably an actual keyboard (but not a necessity). what would be the best model? is there a model coming out soon i should consider? i keep hearing rumors about an iphone, should i wait for this (would i be waiting forever?? lol)?

    also i have been reading about a tiered data plan, since i don't expect to be using it constantly, are chances most likely that the plan for me with be less than $30/month?
  2. Master Droid
    Dejuanxg's Avatar
    Member #
    40512
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jackson,Mississippi
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    Dejuanxg
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #2
    If say shoot for the droid x or wait till later this year for more choices me I'm waiting till next year to use my upgrade.
  3. dbu
    dbu is offline
    Senior Droid
    dbu's Avatar
    Member #
    34451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    208
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gymangel812 View Post
    I'm due for an upgrade. I currently have the env 3. I plan to use the phone for apps and the internet mostly. I don't make many phone calls (less than 20-30 min/day) and don't expect to use it a ton. i would like for it to have a great battery life and probably an actual keyboard (but not a necessity). what would be the best model? is there a model coming out soon i should consider? i keep hearing rumors about an iphone, should i wait for this (would i be waiting forever?? lol)?

    also i have been reading about a tiered data plan, since i don't expect to be using it constantly, are chances most likely that the plan for me with be less than $30/month?
    It's really a matter of choice. Unless you are planning on rooting it then I would say whatever, just go up to the store and play with them. Me, I would wait since LTE is about to go live. As far as the data plan goes, get the unlimited while you can, you will more than likely be grandfathered in if they do go to tiered plans. You would be surprised at how fast you can chew up 2gb of data.
  4. Droid
    gymangel812's Avatar
    Member #
    126371
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    #4
    i'm considering the upcoming droid pro, thoughts on that one? i might considering rooting, it looks interesting and would be nice to make it faster.
  5. Master Droid
    Dejuanxg's Avatar
    Member #
    40512
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jackson,Mississippi
    Posts
    309
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    Dejuanxg
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    #5
    If it comes with a 1Ghz processor then overclocking isnt really worth the risk since the max I think is 1.2Ghz.
  6. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #6
    Overclocking isnt really necessary with the 1ghz phones.

    OP, really you want to think about what DBU said. The new Verizon network s going live sometime in the near future, but we dont know exactly when. If you live in a major metro area, then that might be something you want to consider. If, like me, you live in Podunk, USA, then it might not be so big a concern in the immediate future. Any Droid phone will be a huge upgrade from the enV3.

    I, personally, will be holding onto my November upgrade for at least 6 months, to see what Verizon does with their LTE network.
  7. dbu
    dbu is offline
    Senior Droid
    dbu's Avatar
    Member #
    34451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    208
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Overclocking isnt really necessary with the 1ghz phones.

    OP, really you want to think about what DBU said. The new Verizon network s going live sometime in the near future, but we dont know exactly when. If you live in a major metro area, then that might be something you want to consider. If, like me, you live in Podunk, USA, then it might not be so big a concern in the immediate future. Any Droid phone will be a huge upgrade from the enV3.

    I, personally, will be holding onto my November upgrade for at least 6 months, to see what Verizon does with their LTE network.
    Where you @ LtKen? The LTE coverage looks pretty good, unless you're in one of the white areas.



    By the way, I find it really funny that the entire state of North Dakota is covered...
  8. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #8
    I'm halfway between Bakersfield, CA and Edwards AFB in the Mojave Desert. Basically halfway between LA and Vegas.

    I was under the impression that the LTE coverage was the yellow cities, and the red was VZW's regular 3G Coverage. I'd love to be wrong on this one though... But, I think the launch will just be in the major metro areas, and those of us in nowheresville will see LTE a bit later.
    Last edited by LtKen; 10-12-2010 at 07:00 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Droid101's Avatar
    Member #
    18305
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    687
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    I'm halfway between Bakersfield, CA and Edwards AFB in the Mojave Desert. Basically halfway between LA and Vegas.

    I was under the impression that the LTE coverage was the yellow cities, and the red was VZW's regular 3G Coverage. I'd love to be wrong on this one though... But, I think the launch will just be in the major metro areas, and those of us in nowheresville will see LTE a bit later.
    That is correct a city with a yellow circle denotes 4G the red denotes their 3G coverage area.
  10. dbu
    dbu is offline
    Senior Droid
    dbu's Avatar
    Member #
    34451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    208
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    I'm halfway between Bakersfield, CA and Edwards AFB in the Mojave Desert. Basically halfway between LA and Vegas.

    I was under the impression that the LTE coverage was the yellow cities, and the red was VZW's regular 3G Coverage. I'd love to be wrong on this one though... But, I think the launch will just be in the major metro areas, and those of us in nowheresville will see LTE a bit later.

    Uggh, my bad. Map key fail...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrade Ready, Should I wait?
    By kilenm in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 12:52 AM
  2. Upgrade? Or wait?
    By tjrocks91 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 04:24 PM
  3. no wait for droid 2 but wait for the dx
    By cgrimm9 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
  4. I want to upgrade to 2.1. Do I root or wait for Verizon?
    By Highflyin128 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 11:01 PM

Search tags for this page

bakersfield lte
,
bakersfield lte coverage
,

bakersfield lte coverage areas

,
bakerssfield verizon lte
,
can you upgrade from an env3 to a droid x
,
does bakersfield ca have verizon lte
,
droid with upgrade
,
env3 upgrade to droid
,
how do i know when im due for an upgrade
,
how do you find out version of droid
,
how to find out what droid version you have
,
how to find out which version of droid you have
,
how to see if i am due for upgrade on verizon
,
how to upgrade version on droid
,
lte bakersfield
,
lte coverage in bakersfield
,
mojave desert verizon coverage
,
verizon drode bakersfield
,
verizon upgrade discount wait?
,
verizon upgrade from env3
,
which version droid?
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+