DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: How to stop Market auto ap loading?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

How to stop Market auto ap loading?

I did a factory reset on my phone and the Market went out and brought back all the aps I was trying to get rid of! Every single ap I had before the reset is back... How do I stop this?? I can't find anything in accounts/sync or the Market that allows me to turn this off! The Verizon store told me that Astro was doing it and to uninstall Astro before I did the reset... well I did that... and they still came back!!
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    Have you uninstalled them? Open the market, hit menu, downloads, choose an app and hit uninstall. Your apps are linked to your google account, and unless you un-link them, they will continue to sync every time you wipe your phone.
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Is this a new thing? Froyo 2.21 thing? I've not had my phone do this in the past... but I've not done a factory reset since the update.

I did uninstall Astro, as Verizon store told me to, and did a factory reset after that... BUT Astro came back! All the programs whether I uninstall them through Applications>Management, Market>Downloads, or use something like Advanced Task Manager batch uninstall, they come back!

Is there a way to turn off the automatic reloading of the programs I had? I don't see any options in any Sync menu... maybe through my Google account online? The Market has no options for any settings at all that I can find... (which is horrible... better search for the market would be awesome... some options for search sorting, etc... the search is SO limited the way it is now) If I wanted them all back I wouldn't be doing a factory reset!

I factory reset my phone to clear out all the aps I don't want. Phone is/was VERY slow... factory reset and it was nice and fast again... The Market autoloaded all the aps back and now the phone is slow again. What's the point of a Factory Reset if its just going to push out all the crap you tried to get rid of?

I asked the Verizon "Droid Expert" about this and the whole concept confused him. He said this is not a normal thing for my Droid to do... The next day the Verizon store lady asked me if I had Astro and told me Astro would do that kind of thing and I should uninstall Astro and do the reset. So, like I said, I did and even Astro came back after that.
    Last edited by Goblynn93; 10-07-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Links