DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I left my iPhone for Droid.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Why I left my iPhone for Droid.

First, let me say I am a long, long time Apple user. I can date my lineage back to my II/e. So I got sucked into the cultish little iphone a few years ago, knowing ATT sucks.
    The straw that broke the camel's back and got me to Droid was the (true) conspiracy theory that iOS4 actually made the older iPhones slower, less battery life and more dropped calls. It was obvious that Mr. Jobs was doing a Bill Gates and forcing an upgrade. So between that and ATT dropping one out of 4 (no exaggeration, I actually tracked it for two weeks!), Goodbye Mr. Jobs, hello Droid X.

Anyone other recent refugees from iPhone land believe this (true) conspiracy story of the iOS4?
    A reformed previous iPhone User.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Welcome. I seem to work in an industry where we are never "in the office" that is dominated by iPhones. I am continually listening to people drop calls or can't get data at a reliable rate. Every day I say, want use may Droid, do you need to borrow my Droid... etc etc. Without fail Droid gets the job done
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    i actually sold my iphone 3g to get funds for my droid and i have been happy ever since
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbworm View Post
    The straw that broke the camel's back and got me to Droid was the (true) conspiracy theory that iOS4 actually made the older iPhones slower, less battery life and more dropped calls.
    Sources? Slower I can see as newer software doesn't always perform the same on older hardware. However, I'd like to see some proof of the intent as well as some testing to back these claims. Off the bat, it sounds like the usual unfounded rumors that tend to go round.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Source is personal experience of me and about a dozen folks I work with. All had the same slow down and battery drain. About 6 of us downgraded to iOS3 and magically the slow down was gone and the battery was back to lasting 16 hours. Granted not a quinnipiac survey, but pretty compelling from my experience.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Maybe my memory is faulty but didn't ATT have a major malfunction around that time that was affecting everyone for a bit?

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of slider keypad on Tapatalk
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Original Droid
    Yes the new IOS has had the slowdown affect on two people here also in my company that have the older iPhones. I am not really familiar with the iPhone so I asked them if they tried wiping the phone clean and installing fresh? They said it doesn't work exactly that way and that this is a known issue.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Conspiracy continues

See class action to support the iOS4 neutering of older phones.

AppleInsider | Sensational lawsuit accuses Apple of turning iPhone 3G into "iBrick"
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Where do you people live? I am in Atlanta and have both ATT, iphone 4 and Verizon, Droid X (for work) and to be honest, they both get very close to the same service. I get into spots that ATT drops out and I get into spots where Verizon drops out.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbworm View Post
    See class action to support the iOS4 neutering of older phones.

AppleInsider | Sensational lawsuit accuses Apple of turning iPhone 3G into "iBrick"
    Do you know how many times lawsuits have been filed against Apple for a thousand different reasons....dont believe everything you read on the internet.

But, yeah I can totally see how a newer OS would run poorly on older hardware. Is this anything new? No. Try running Windows 7 or Vista on a machine thats older......you cant.

Now, I do disagree with the practice of more or less forcing an upgrade, even if it free....have used an older device with IOS4 and seemed to run fine, but ive never used one "daily".

And if you actually read the entire article, it doesnt even state that Apple did this on purpose, but it was a buggy release and Apple admitted there where issues and have been working to fix them. It even states that some of the bugs were worked out in the 4.1 release....so again, no different than any other OS release.

Look at the issues Froyo has given us
    Last edited by cpjr; 11-05-2010 at 08:05 AM.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT Rooted / Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM / Overclocked @ 1.80GHZ

Evolution : Droid 1 - Incredible - Droid X - Thunderbolt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links