DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: will our droids receive updates with upcoming devices

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Question will our droids receive updates with upcoming devices

I have been searching for official ota updates for a couple of weeks and other than the leaked ones, I've come up empty handed.

What worries me more is that with the speculations of the new devices that are coming out, like the superphone, which is amazing and with the estimate pictures and specs of the phone, makes me want to add a line and I love my droid 2 and can't put it down.

And the BOGO deals and drop in prices have me thinking that if our droids do get any updates, they may only be patchwork ones. The superphone is speculated to have dual processors and a front camera, just to name a few and I love my D2 and after seeing it I keep looking for more info becausei want it! So many times up until a week ago, I would tell people that posted threads about what phone to get I would tell them all the great things about the droid 2 and now I tell them to wait.

My question is, with rumored devices like the superphone coming soon, will our droid devices be able to handle those system softwares. I would like to hear what the forum community thinks.
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    If your phone meet minimum requirements for the newest updates you will get it. D1 has been upgraded from 2.0 to 2.2 and may well get 3.0. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The D2 probably has more legs than the D1.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    If your phone meet minimum requirements for the newest updates you will get it. D1 has been upgraded from 2.0 to 2.2 and may well get 3.0. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The D2 probably has more legs than the D1.
    But reading the specs and seeing what it looks like had me drooling all over the prospects of this phone and then realizing how much more advanced it will be to my droid 2. The adds have stopped unless they're bogo deals and the prices have dropped. I know there is a scheduled press conference tomorrow and I hope that all droid owners get some information.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Today I've read even more posts about all the expected devices coming to the droid franchise. It makes my question in my op that leads me to believe that if there are going to be any updates they wont be for awhile, and by the time we get them, most of us will be paying more attention to those deviices, especially with lte coming by the end of the year. I feel like big red is spreading themselves too thin.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    There's no guarantee either way. Live by the rumors, die by the rumors. Well, maybe not die but expect to be disappointed if you're hanging on to rumors that much (IMO).

Don't forget about the modding community.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Question gingerbread and generation incredible, droid x, and droid 2

Now that reports of gingerbread being released by the end of this month, will the current droid generation of devices like the incredible, droid x, and droid 2 be able to receive gingerbread of in order to keep up, purchase the next generation coming in a couple of months? I mean our devices have all the necessary requirements like 1ghz processor 512 ram and screens larger than 3.5, but will we be able to partake in this latest software update. I hope so.

Links