DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Beginner Question

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Beginner Question

I downloaded a .ppt file from my Yahoo mail, I was able to view it fine, but if I close the browser, where can I find the file to view it again. As you can tell, I'm smartphone illiterate!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nooter99 View Post
    I downloaded a .ppt file from my Yahoo mail, I was able to view it fine, but if I close the browser, where can I find the file to view it again. As you can tell, I'm smartphone illiterate!
    Most of my downloads end up on the sdcard, under "downloads." Grab a file manager off Market and navigate to "downloads." I like Astro file manager but there are others out there.
    hth,
    Kent
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Not sure I understand, how do I get to "downloads"? can I get there without a file manager app?
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Get the file manager from the store. You will see the downloads folder in there.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If there's another way to get there, without a file manager, I don't know how. Go to "Market" on your Droid, search for "Astro File Manager" and install. Once it's installed, start Astro and look for the "downloads" directory. Again, there are other file managers you can try, just using Astro as a suggestion.
    Kent
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If you have software that will read .ppt, which I guess you must, you should also be able to navigate to the file with that program.
    Kent
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Did the Astro download, works great. Thanks guys.
    I gotta say, I know virtually nothing about smart phones (not to mention computers in general), picked up the Droid earlier today, this thing rocks! Easy to learn for dummies like me. This forum is gonna get a lot of use from me!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    If you do some reading, a bit of poking around you'll soon have it all figured out. Your phone isn't rooted right now so you aren't likely to mess anything up. A restart or a battery pull will take care of most anything you do to it. Get a app that's giving you problems just uninstall it and download another. Read the reviews see how others have liked it. Some apps aren't ready for the Droid yet. Important thing is use it, you aren't going to hurt it. Don't go deleting files or folders unless you made them and know what they are.

Links