DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G Mail question

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Arrow G Mail question

Ok, I thought that if an email comes to your gmail account it would come instanly to your phone. Well yesterday I was sent and email at 3:45pm and it didn't arrive till sometime between 1-6:00 am this morning. Today I was on the phone talking to someone. While on the phone they sent me an email to my gmail account. It never came to my phone. I looked as soon as it was sent online and it was in my gmail but untill I refreshed my inbox about an hour later it wasn't on my phone. What is the issue with gmail? Was what I was told at verizon "all mail sent to your gmail address will come instantly to your phone" a lie to get me to buy the phone? Is anyone else having this problem or can it be fixed? My sync is set to all on my inbox. Number of days to sync is 1 day. Thanks in advance for everyones help.
    Follow me twitter.com/jigsawkilr

"When you are in hell....only the devil can help you out"

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I dunno, I have 3 gmail accounts setup on the Droid and all sync immediately, all the time. I've never used the refresh option. I sync 5 days worth. Wish I had a fix for ya.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    'jigsaw' I have exactly the same problem but no answer for you
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Same problem

I am having the same problem. Ever since I did the update, my gmail is not syncing automatically. I have taken the battery out. I have also unchecked the sync box, turned the phone off, and removed the battery and then turned it back on. I am still not getting them pushed to me immediately. I don't know if it has anything to do with the update or just coincidence. I will be open to any suggestions. thank you.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigsawkilr View Post
    Ok, I thought that if an email comes to your gmail account it would come instanly to your phone. Well yesterday I was sent and email at 3:45pm and it didn't arrive till sometime between 1-6:00 am this morning. Today I was on the phone talking to someone. While on the phone they sent me an email to my gmail account. It never came to my phone. I looked as soon as it was sent online and it was in my gmail but untill I refreshed my inbox about an hour later it wasn't on my phone. What is the issue with gmail? Was what I was told at verizon "all mail sent to your gmail address will come instantly to your phone" a lie to get me to buy the phone? Is anyone else having this problem or can it be fixed? My sync is set to all on my inbox. Number of days to sync is 1 day. Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Ok first "no one lied to get you to buy a phone" Gmail is pushed to the Droid. So I am wondering if you are in 3g mode or 1X 1x or WIFI. As a test I just ene an email from my home PC to my gmail address. it took 18 seconds for me to get the notification. That's pushed EMail.

I would pull your battery and see if that helps. Then test it. Post back your results and maybe we can help you!
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Every little issue is a "lie" they told me to get me to buy the phone....I doubt anyone is "talked" into buying....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well I tried it again and still not pushed through. Mine has been like this ever since I got the phone the day they were released. I am in 3G mode. Even when I switch it to Wi-Fi here at home still the same issue. I have pulled the battery a couple of times and same result. I was thinking maybe I didn't have a setting exactly right either on my phone or on my gmail account that ma be causing the issue.

As for the "lie" part that was intended as a joke. But lets face it, they are salesmen and will tell you anything. Just my 2 cents!

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ok, I just tried it again and to my surprise less than 7 seconds it was there. Why can't it do that all the time? Oh, well I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks guys for all your help. BTW, one of my best friends is a Verizon tech, so no pun was ever intended toward Verizon like I said it was meant to be a joke.

10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawkilr View Post
    Ok, I just tried it again and to my surprise less than 7 seconds it was there. Why can't it do that all the time? Oh, well I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks guys for all your help. BTW, one of my best friends is a Verizon tech, so no pun was ever intended toward Verizon like I said it was meant to be a joke.

So 7 seconds is pushed. are you only using that account or do you have multiple accts. like pop3 stuff set up?

:edit ..... no worries on the joke
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    That is the only account that I have for my phone. My pop3 and yahoo don't sync to phone. I check them from my laptop. It seems to working now. Have gotten several emails today and they pushed through fine. Confused?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links