DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am wanting to go to the iPhone more an more...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

I am wanting to go to the iPhone more an more...

I am getting more and more disappointed with the Android experience. The latest Froyo ROMs introduced a couple of bugs that are really annoying me lately:

1) Streaming on Pandora on 3G sux... ( Yes I have a ROM, SS 4.8, with the supposed Google patch and it does not solve the issue... ) My friend has an iPhone 4 and an iPad with 3G. Both sound significantly better streaming over 3G than my Droid does....( It sounds great if I put an Android 2.1 ROM on the phone )

2) I used to be able to connect with my companies infrastructure Wifi with 2.1. I WILL NOT work with Froyo... My friends iPhone 3G and 4 connect just fine. This cause the battery to drain quickly as the phone struggles to connect to 3G in my office building.

3) For some reason when I lay my phone flat the touch screen acts weird. It works fine as long as it is not flat. The touch screen on the iPhone has always been better than the droid, but this new twist is annoying...

Furthermore, it seems like every new app that I want is iPhone/iPad/iPod only.

1) In the last few years, I bought most of the magazine subscriptions through Zinio. They have a great iPhone/iPad app, but none for Android. It will not be on Android anytime soon.

2) Netfix works great on the iPhone 4 and the iPad. It does not look like we will see it anytime soon on Android.

*** Added ***

3) I forgot about the U-Verse app. I have U-Verse ( maine for the 24 down /2 up Mip service ) The new app let you add/change recordings and view recorded apps on your iPhone when on Wifi.... Kind of like a slingbox...

And finally there is the ease of purchasing and syncing movies/TV Shows with the iTune store. You buy it, it downloads to your computer and iTunes converts it and copies it to your phone. No DRM problems to deal with and it is completely legal. There is NO easy way to do this with Android. ( and yes I know how to do it, it is just a lot more annoying )

I guess Apple just commands more respect from developers and service providers. Maybe Apple bullies them into not releasing a similar Android App, who knows. However, The Android apps are always an after thought and usually a year behind if they ever come out....

I know that there are some advantages to open OS on the Android phones ( Why I bought it to start with ). But even this seem to be going away. Each new Android phone is locked down tighter than the previous one by teh manufacturer. Verizon seem to be on a mission to get rid of free Google services and replacing them with their VCrap stuff...

I am not quite there yet, but I just keep thinking that I would prefer an iPhone. All it would take is a few more major bugs and not have a few more good apps to make me break my contract and move to AT&T and the iPhone....
    Last edited by sranger; 09-24-2010 at 01:25 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    no one is stopping you... you have to do what makes YOU happy..
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Froyo
    I agree with manilaboy, you have to get what works best for you. I personally would never go back to At&t no matter what phone they offer but that's just my opinion.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sranger View Post
    I am getting more and more disappointed with the Android experience. The latest Froyo ROMs introduced a couple of bugs that are really annoying me lately:

1) Streaming on Pandora on 3G sux... ( Yes I have a ROM, SS 4.8, with the supposed Google patch and it does not solve the issue... ) My friend has an iPhone 4 and an iPad with 3G. Both sound significantly better streaming over 3G than my Droid does....( It sounds great if I put an Android 2.1 ROM on the phone )

2) I used to be able to connect with my companies infrastructure Wifi with 2.1. I WILL NOT work with Froyo... My friends iPhone 3G and 4 connect just fine. This cause the battery to drain quickly as the phone struggles to connect to 3G in my office building.

3) For some reason when I lay my phone flat the touch screen acts weird. It works fine as long as it is not flat. The touch screen on the iPhone has always been better than the droid, but this new twist is annoying...

1) In the last few years, I bought most of the magazine subscriptions through Zinio. They have a great iPhone/iPad app, but none for Android. It will not be on Android anytime soon.

2) Netfix works great on the iPhone 4 and the iPad. It does not look like we will see it anytime soon on Android.

And finally there is the ease of purchasing and syncing movies/TV Shows with the iTune store. You buy it, it downloads to your computer and iTunes converts it and copies it to your phone. No DRM problems to deal with and it is completely legal. There is NO easy way to do this with Android. ( and yes I know how to do it, it is just a lot more annoying )

I guess Apple just commands more respect from developers and service providers. Maybe Apple bullies them into not releasing a similar Android App, who knows. However, The Android apps are always an after thought and usually a year behind if they ever come out....

I know that there are some advantages to open OS on the Android phones ( Why I bought it to start with ). But even this seem to be going away. Each new Android phone is locked down tighter than the previous one by teh manufacturer. Verizon seem to be on a mission to get rid of free Google services and replacing them with their VCrap stuff...

I am not quite there yet, but I just keep thinking that I would prefer an iPhone. All it would take is a few more major bugs and not have a few more good apps to make me break my contract and move to AT&T and the iPhone....
    Good luck to you. If that's what you want, go for it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    I agree, go for the iPhone, but will you be kicking yourself if Verizon ever gets an iPhone?
    a little obsessive...
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    I agree with manilaboy, you have to get what works best for you. I personally would never go back to At&t no matter what phone they offer but that's just my opinion.

AT&T is the main reason why I don't have an iPhone now.....

I do not think Verizon will get an iPhone any time soon..... Maybe 2012 or 2013 after LTE is working and across most of the network.....
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Sranger, I left VZW to get an iPhone. I had it for seven months. I dropped more calls in seven months than I did in the previous eight years that I had VZW. The iPhone is nice because of it's user interface.

When I first got my Droid I was not sure I made a good decision. It took me two or three days to get use to Android. Now, I would not consider an iPhone.

Let us know if you make the switch and how you like the iPhone.

Mike
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post

AT&T is the main reason why I don't have an iPhone now.....

I do not think Verizon will get an iPhone any time soon..... Maybe 2012 or 2013 after LTE is working and across most of the network.....
    Verizon seems to agree with you, but others disagree.

Technolog - Despite Verizon denials, CDMA iPhone reports linger
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid

*** Added ***

3) I forgot about the U-Verse app. I have U-Verse ( maine for the 24 down /2 up Mip service ) The new app let you add/change recordings and view recorded apps on your iPhone when on Wifi.... Kind of like a slingbox...

See ya later DOG!!
    don't let the door it you on the way out!!! lol
    DROID Bionic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID Incredible
    I would kill to have an iphone but i also love verizon more the iphone... If you can deal with AT&T then switch over i dont think anyone will ever argue that the iphone really is just soo nice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links