DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid1 updates = garbage

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid1 updates = garbage

Is there anyway to get around the 2 year upgrade on a droid??? I liked the phone for a while but after the two last updates it freezes I"ve reset it and still no improvement. I just want to go back to blackberry!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid
    well Hope that works out for you. How much for your droid???
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Well my frend that sounds like a personal issue because most of us are loving froyo. But no worries. You can root and try a custom rom or you can use your warranty and get a droid that works properly. Droids don't freeze after a factory data reset unless something is defective or you're running something that your Droid doesn't like.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Well my frend that sounds like a personal issue because most of us are loving froyo. But no worries. You can root and try a custom rom or you can use your warranty and get a droid that works properly. Droids don't freeze after a factory data reset unless something is defective or you're running something that your Droid doesn't like.
    How long is warranty? I know that I have to force quit almost every app I launch including camera, google voice, mail, native and K9. I don't want a new droid, I use my phone for work and if its down its a HUGE deal because I'm traveling a lot. Any outs?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Warranty is one year from date of purchase, sounds like there is an issue with that phone. Have verizon send you another one.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Sounds like another BB user that doesn't understand how android works. No offense. I personally know several people that say the same thing- my phone sucks; apps don't close; now I use a task killer and my phone's slow, etc.

Check out Craigslist. You'll be able to find someone willing to trade with you.
    Ad astra per alia porci- John Steinbeck.
    No pigs cannot fly, but I am a seventh day porcinist and believe that bacon was brought to us by angels.

Razr, Charge, Thunderbolt, DroidX, Fascinate, OG Droid, GalaxyTab
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    Sounds like another BB user that doesn't understand how android works. No offense. I personally know several people that say the same thing- my phone sucks; apps don't close; now I use a task killer and my phone's slow, etc.

Check out Craigslist. You'll be able to find someone willing to trade with you.
    Actually I'm not technically challenged but thanks. Good response though because I"m having an issue with a phone it automatically becomes a "hater" status sorry I don't bandwagon, I bought a droid because I like open source and previously it worked great. Now the apps that I use the most freeze all the time, the touch screen is far less accurate and I have to pull the battery 4 times a day. Has nothing to do with my lack of understanding.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Go into verizon and they might swap out your droid for a new one since yours is wigging out. Manufacturers warranty is 1 year. Good luck!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Go to the store and talk to someone, I bet they will allow you to get a new phone if you are that dissatisfied with the Droid. You could probably call too, but I personally like going to the store and touching a device before I make a plunge on it. Verizon is happy to rope people into another two year contract, so I would think your chances are good.

That said, if it just the updates that are causing problems for you, there may be fixes for whatever problems you are having if you are willing to go through the effort. Or you probably could get a replacement via warranty. Call Verizon and see what they have to say about both cases.

Either way your best course of action is calling VZW or going to a Verizon Wireless store and talking to them.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 running Sapphire
    So...How much for your droid??

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links