How do u download pictures on this new droid
I assume you mean download them to your PC?
- Plug the Droid into your PC's USB port, using the supplied cable.
- The Notification Bar at the top of the Droid's screen will show that you've plugged it into a USB port.
- Pull down the Notification Bar.
- Tap on the USB notification. It will ask you if you want to Activate Storage Mode. Click OK (or Yes, or whatever it says...)
- Your computer should then recognize it as a Generic USB Storage Device. You should be able to tell it to "Open Folder to View Files." (This will depend on what OS you're running on your computer.
- After you've got the folder open on your PC, you can find the pictures buried in the DCIM folder on the phone. Drag-and-drop them to another folder on your PC, where ever you want them to be.
- Delete them from the folder on the Phone, if you want to.
- When you're finished with the transfer, you need to turn off Storage Mode on the phone. Pull down the Notification Bar again, and tap on the USB notification. Select OK to turn off Storage Mode. This will allow the phone to use the SD card normally. Forgetting to do this could result in apps not being able to find the card when they need it.