DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Push Gmail

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Bringin' this one back guys. I've had my Droid for 2 days now, and push on my Gmail account just won't work. I've checked, double checked, and triple checked my sync settings, all are set up to auto sync. Even with all the settings, the phone will not get new mail unless I manually sync it, or it automatically checks in 10 minute intervals. Nowhere near instant. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Nevermind, I must have closed the program that's required for push syncing. I restarted my phone and it's syncing perfectly now.

Note to all: If you have a syncing problem, first check your settings then restart your phone!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Hi,
    My Gmail has suddenly stopping sync'ing. I have double checked settings > accounts & sync > my gmail account = sync is on.
    Within here all 3 options (Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail, Sync Calendar) are all checked. What's weird is that Sync Contacts and Sync Calendar show they are still sync'ing regularly, however Sync Gmail hasn't sync'd since 9:13pm last night despite being checked on. Manually sync'ing does nothing either.
    I've removed my app killer (which i've had for months and it's never caused a problem) and restarted the phone but no joy....
    Any clues why?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I jsut had to do a factory restore to get this working again. No Idea what tripped it up.....
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

New to Droid

I'm not sure I understand the different terms going on. On my last phone, it had a setting to check for new mail every x minutes. Is auto sync not the same as this? I was told that it conserves battery power to turn auto sync off.

Is the auto sync what enables push gmail and what exactly is the difference? I also have sync off for the facebook app currently. Is that push too?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    For people seeing gmail sync errors clear gmail storage data in settings > manage applications > menu > filter > all > gmail storage

That is a temporary fix. My so far permanent fix is: go to gmail app settings > labels > inbox > sync all

AND if you're still getting sync errors then my guess is that wifi is the cause.

If you're just not being notified of new gmail then get "gmail notifier" in the market. Turn on notifications in both gmail and the notifier app.

Quote Originally Posted by jakechance View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the different terms going on. On my last phone, it had a setting to check for new mail every x minutes. Is auto sync not the same as this? I was told that it conserves battery power to turn auto sync off.

Is the auto sync what enables push gmail and what exactly is the difference? I also have sync off for the facebook app currently. Is that push too?
    Just leave autosync on. It's not a big battery hog and you need it to push gmail. Yes, sync is push. This contrasts with pull where an app polls a server at a set interval.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Gmail not pushing

Gmail synch is on but mail is not pushing to my device. I have to refresh to pull email. I've tested it by sending myself an email from another account and hours go by without any delivery of message. Any ideas what's wrong? Thx.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links