DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Problems using Google calendar on desktop and HTC Sync on Droid!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Question Problems using Google calendar on desktop and HTC Sync on Droid!

I am currently using Google Calendar on my desktop to sync with Outlook, strictly as a "backup" for my Outlook calendar, in case something were to happen and I needed a backup of my Outlook Calendar.

I tried using Google Sync/Calendar on my Droid Incredible but had some problems and decided to go back to using HTC sync. Since that time, I have hard reset my phone but am now having problems with some appts showing up in duplicate on my Outlook calendar, My Google calendar and on my phone.

Even though I am only using HTC Sync on my phone and only using Google Calendar/Sync on my desktop, could this be the reason for these duplicates in all 3 places? Do I need to stop using Google calendar/Google sync with my Outlook to prevent this from happening further?

I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Also, the only reason I stopped using Google Calendar for my Droid was that it seems you cannot keep more than a month or so worth of past appt's in your calendar and I need to go back at least a year for work. Does anyone else find this limitation or anything else about Google Calendar annoying and limiting???????

Thanks!
    Cat

I am currently using Google Calendar on my desktop to sync with Outlook, strictly as a "backup" for my Outlook calendar, in case something were to happen and I needed a backup of my Outlook Calendar.

I tried using Google Sync/Calendar on my Droid Incredible but had some problems and decided to go back to using HTC sync. Since that time, I have hard reset my phone but am now having problems with some appts showing up in duplicate on my Outlook calendar, My Google calendar and on my phone.

Even though I am only using HTC Sync on my phone and only using Google Calendar/Sync on my desktop, could this be the reason for these duplicates in all 3 places? Do I need to stop using Google calendar/Google sync with my Outlook to prevent this from happening further?

I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Also, the only reason I stopped using Google Calendar for my Droid was that it seems you cannot keep more than a month or so worth of past appt's in your calendar and I need to go back at least a year for work. Does anyone else find this limitation or anything else about Google Calendar annoying and limiting???????

Thanks!
    Cat

Links