DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I am new to this forum and so maybe this is all ready answered and I just dont see it or know where to look..
    but whats going on with the Facebook App that was preinstalled on the droid?
    The notifications will not be refreshed.. keep getting an error message:something along the line of : Cannot be retrieved try again later parser error.
    I know there is another thread where a few people were having the same problem but no one had an answer.
    So.. is there any answer to this? What should be done to fix it? Its been this way a few days now..
    Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Incredible "past-MotoDrd"
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbo View Post
    I am new to this forum and so maybe this is all ready answered and I just dont see it or know where to look..
    but whats going on with the Facebook App that was preinstalled on the droid?
    The notifications will not be refreshed.. keep getting an error message:something along the line of : Cannot be retrieved try again later parser error.
    I know there is another thread where a few people were having the same problem but no one had an answer.
    So.. is there any answer to this? What should be done to fix it? Its been this way a few days now..
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    After the firmware update.. many folks found it best to deleter the facebook account and set it back up fresh.

I can't give you a better answer since I don't sync facebook since I don't want all that business (busy-ness) brought to my phone..

But if that doesn't fix it.. there is much discussion on it scattered around I just can't remember the details.
    The Second Mouse gets the Cheese!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    you have to turn off the sync option. My droid would not sync facebook and the droid together and everytime i tried to go on there it just broke. When i turned the sync off, everything went back to normal
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theberg View Post
    Hi and thanks for this great thread. I have a problem that seems like it must have a simple solution, only I'm too dense to find it. I copied a bunch of music onto my Motorola Droid that was originally ripped from CDs. The album info is included on my computer. But when I added the music to the Droid, all the album info disappeared, so instead of whole albums, I just have a bunch of songs. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for your time.
    Try using a program called Double Twist to import your music and pictures as opposed to just dropping them in. It's free and available on the internet for both PC and Mac.
    Thanks, hookbill. I tried Motorola Media Link, and some albums showed up, but not all. The weird thing is that I can see that the album info _is_ there.

I'll try Double Twist.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by windstrings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Handcent has 5 sizes to choose from.....
    thats good for reading back what you received or what has been sent, but it doesn't seem to increase the size messages being composed.

A badly needed option for when you are in places where you don't use reading glasses because you need your distance vision.
    I actually meant to say ToundDown has 5 sizes to choose from......damn drinking and surfing......
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Text Reminders won't go away

Hi Viper-
    I use Handscent for messaging and it's great. Only problem is that I have turned off text reminders in both Handscent and native Messaging and I keep getting pop-up reminders even hours after I've read the messages. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #

Thanks Viper Boy

Really appreciate you joining the forum. Do you or anyone recommend a certain bluetooth as working better than others with the droid? I am thinking about the motorola h17
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by crspang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalemercer View Post
    Where can I get an answer - and solution - to the reason that I am constantly receiving the same piece(s) of e-mail over and over again? This is in a POP3 acount. I also have a gmail account but it doesn't seem to have this issue.

It doesn't matter if I delete them, mark them as read or actually open and read them. If I delete them, they *sometimes* respawn and are delivered again.

Help?
    In settings, uncheck "leave on server"
    Great - *where* is that option? It's not in the "menu --> account setting" screen.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks! That's awesome! Any ideas about the Google Talk issue?
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Palm Treo
    It is time for me to consider a new smart phone. I currently have a 2007 Treo. I read the leaked specs on the two new Palms and, if, for instance, there is no video and no ability to add memory, I will have to leave Palm behind a start fresh. That could put me into the Droid, but I gather there is some issue about tethering it to a laptop. I need to be able to have internet access to my laptop and have been pleased with doing it by tethering my Treo through the VZAccessManager. If that is not possible with the Droid, I probably cannot go there. (I will not do any of the things suggested which would void my deal with Verizon.) Is there a workaround that will not cost me more money than I am currently spending (considering I pay for the tethering ability right now).?
Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast

Links