DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerks View Post
    Viper,
    More of a hardware issue, i've exchanged one droid already for this but... have you seen any phones come in with a loose screen, tapping on the left side. Best way to describe this is it feels like you typing on BB Storm, the top half of the phone clocks against the bottom half (mostly on the left side) when pressing on the screen.

Thanks.
    My cousin had this issue. He went to exchange it, and after handling four separate units, all of which had this problem, he just took one. I haven't experienced this problem myself, nor have the two other DROID owners I know personally, but if four in a row had this issue, I'd say it's a manufacturing problem.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by bflogirl32 View Post
    Viperboy please help, I did the update for the droid but it deleted all but 30 of my contacts. Which means I lost about 400 numbers. I pulled the battery, that didn't work. This is my first "smart phone" so I had yet to figure out how to backup to anywhere and the backup assistant I had previously I haven't figured out how to put on the phone. Please help, I am hysterical over here! Thanks in advance and I hope you have a fix for me.
    Since this post I have received text messages from friends and I can view the contact but it does not save in the contact list, even if I make an adjustment to the contact it doesn't save. So it seems they have not actually deleted from memory but I just cannot view them or access unless someone texts me. Can anyone at all help?
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyg23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aloha local girl View Post
    This is likely a dumb question, but here goes. Open up messaging, and there is a red triangle icon with a white exclamation point in it, next to a txt messaging thread. What does that red triangle icon indicate?
    It just means that the message was NOT able to be sent at the time. Usually has to do with a bad connection.

actually the message was sent and responded to
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung ach-930. EW
    not sure if this was asked yet.. since this thread is too long to read. but anyway- any updates you can give us on the passion's release date and pricing?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Visual Voicemail and Bluetooth....

Why cant I get my Visual Voicemail to work with my bluetooth...this sucks! It worked with the strom (dont make me go back?)

CAn a app be made for this????!?!?

Thanks for your help
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medicTHREE View Post
    I always think it is funny when someone comes in and says they work for such and such and they are going to answer all of our problems. Rarely do they live up to the hype. I think the soft approach of just helping where needed without being all showy and asking everyone to look at them works a lot better... Prove we should listen to you, don't tell us we should.
    I think its awesome that he came on here to offer assistance instead of people like you blindly posting and getting 10 different answers to a question because someone who works at the local shopping mall and scrubs toilets happens to have a VZW phone and posts in a forum. I think its a very nice offer and should be looked at as such. I also worked at VZW in a call center for over 2 years and I used to offer advice on another website dedicated to VZW. I was always available with PM's or public help in the forums - and I didn't get paid for it obviously, it was just in my blood to help others, even after spending 10 hours on the phones at work. When you call into VZW or go into a store do you give them a litmus test to prove themselves worthy to you? If you don't like advice from VZW reps then don't read it. Don't be a jack and try to make the poor guy think twice about helping others.
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
    Feel free to ask whatever questions you have
    OK, I will. My question is, why do I get prompts on the dialer screen to "Activate my phone" weeks after it was "activated" at the store where I bought it whenever I update my PRLs? During the *228/2 PRL update, all the automated prompts are as usual, the PRL update happens successfully, and the call is terminated automatically. Then, when I touch the "Next" button, I get a prompt saying "Your Phone Has Been Activated!".

Why all the hoo-haa about "activating" if it's already "activated"? My wife's phone did the same thing. Both Droids have the OS update.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Viperboy, sorry if already posted, I tried read every page, I got to page 4 and by time I get to page 10 it'll be 5 hrs from now. My question is simple I hope..how come when I click on a contact some contacts have like 6 view there facebook profile. It varies, some have 3, some 5, etc.. thanks,..waiting for suggestion
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    viperboy, I was just at the Verizon store because my OTA update was failing. The tech was able to install the update, but told me my phone had been rooted, thus I was out of warranty.

--I did not attempt to root my phone, although I must say I was not careful regarding what apps I installed ---

1st how did he know it was rooted?
    2nd can I reset the phone back to factory defaults, thus removing the (for lack of a better term) rooting software? and
    3rd How is my warranty voided, I did nothing intentionally? (but now I might)
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    i have a question PLEASE HELP i have not changed anything all my settings are the same as they have been from the beggining only thing that changed was the update so its not my settings i had good battery life now i have bad
Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Links