DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Drone
    Thanks for joining the forum Viper. Quick access to a real tech is excellent. Although you may need one of these..lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon Tech here - ask away!-kit.jpg  
    WARNING: DROID ownership may cause some individuals to feel more important than they are!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Ranger,

I just swapped out my DROID because of that. I used the physical keyboard A LOT however. I'm wondering if that played into it. Since my exchange, I have really tried to stay with only the virtual keyboard.

I'm curious too if anyone else is a strong user of the physical keyboard on this device and experienced the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerks View Post
    Viper,
    More of a hardware issue, i've exchanged one droid already for this but... have you seen any phones come in with a loose screen, tapping on the left side. Best way to describe this is it feels like you typing on BB Storm, the top half of the phone clocks against the bottom half (mostly on the left side) when pressing on the screen.

Thanks.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic! Ret. OG Droid
    Well he or she has a job and probably needs to sleep at some point... and probably has a social life. Just relax. Only one of him and many of us. so give him time.
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
    Hey everyone. I just registered for this site. Seems like a great place to be. I do Tech Support for Verizon in-store and know all of the phones pretty well. I am here to answer any questions you might have (let's try to keep it related to the Droid) that you might not have the answer to. Please keep in mind, I'm not a developer and I'm not going to be able to tell you that why such and such app isn't working on your phone. I'm here to answer questions related to Verizon and how the Droid works with Verizon's network and any tech related questions related to the Droid.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have, and mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it Thanks guys. I look forward to helping you.
    This is likely a dumb question, but here goes. Open up messaging, and there is a red triangle icon with a white exclamation point in it, next to a txt messaging thread. What does that red triangle icon indicate?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    Yes... Note that Viper did say he was working as a Tech at Verizon Wireless.

With that said, he is not going to be exactly sitting at a computer, ready to answer questions at any moment, he is also not an Authorized Verizon Wireless Rep.

Please note, he is doing this on his own free time, so that means he will try and respond when he can an when he is able to. Just like most of us, he does have a life outside of this forum and all.

Now... If he was AUTHORIZED by Verizon to be a representative on this website, they would pay him to help people out on a forum. But given most company stipulations, and the fact he is doing this on his own free time, you just have to pace yourselves and be patient.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by aloha local girl View Post
    This is likely a dumb question, but here goes. Open up messaging, and there is a red triangle icon with a white exclamation point in it, next to a txt messaging thread. What does that red triangle icon indicate?
    It just means that the message was NOT able to be sent at the time. Usually has to do with a bad connection.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Hello! I just wanted to ask some questions I been searching for answers with maybe you can help.

How do i switch back and forth between calls? When im on the phone someone calls I accept talk to them for however long and when its time to switch back I don't see the option to end ONE call and I end up hanging up on everyone. (Not the swap button in the upper left hand corner, i mean when the 2nd caller is hanging up but it hasn't disconnected yet it stays on the line if i swap i want to disconnect with this person without hanging up on the first caller)

And (its verizon not the phone) when someone calls me and im on the line already it beeps for the caller, letting them know im on the phone. I kinda don't want that since sometimes I dont want them to know im ignoring them lol leaves an akward moment when they call back or text saying "I know you was on the phone!" Can I call verizon and tell them to take that off or am i stuck with that?
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooiiiidddd
    Viperboy, thanks for the offer of assistance. But perhaps your biting off a pretty big chunk...

I've been looking for an awnser, and hoping for an update... The droid regular email, not gmail, won't open attachments originated on an Exchange Server system. I get .pdf files from a customer that uses an Exchange server, and I can open the picture they use as a company logo in all thier emails, but not any of the attachments. I get a 'fetching attachment' message, then a message that say's 'The attachment cannot be displayed' .....

I thought I had this fixed once, but the problem never really left. If I take the same attachment from my home email, foward it to myself on the droid email I can read it. But Not from the exchange server email system...

What's up with this?

Thanks in advance for trying....

Pinshooter

Edward Milliron
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    Hey there viperboy, thanks for joining. I would also like to thank you for extending your services for this site and it's users. We will try to keep this thread on topic, and if you need any help with that just send a PM and we will see what we can do about it
    Thanks very much! I would love to one day make it to a mod here, always thought that would be cool . Thanks, I will let you know if any problems arise.

Quote Originally Posted by s-one View Post
    Cool, welcome dude. Hey so many of us have an issue with outgoing calls sounding horrible. Some have reported like a warble effect, others say their sound goes in/out and the person on the other end can't hear them. It has also been reported that the receiver says we sound muffled. Now this is totally different than the "echo" sound that the receiver hears when they themselves talks to a Droid cell phone user. These are all "outgoing" calls in which the receiver has problems hearing. Look at this thread over at Motorola Support Forum. They can't even tell me who to contact about the bug so it gets tracked. The Forum Manager over there bailed on the thread. So who's issue is this? Motorola's, Verizon's? Google's? and how do we report it so it gets tracked and fixed?

Dont worry.. I'm not coming at you sideways.. just want to get the blasted thing fixed.
    Huge thread, I will try to read through all of it at a later time. I have been getting this in the store alot. Here is what you can do to improve call quality. I have done this on every customer's Droid.

##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
    CALL Button
    Enter SPC Password - 000000
    VERIFY
    04 Vocode
    Select EVRC-B

This will change how the phone compresses and decompresses call audio. Seems to work really well, I have noticed and improvement for sure and I no longer get the "you sound like you're underwater" complaints from people I talk to. Give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Great to have more help on the forum and a certified Verizon Tech at that!

Welcome to the forum. Might want to check out the Tech Issue section of the forum and start from there?

I personally don't have any problems at all with my Droid and am 100% completely happy with it.
    Good to hear you like your phone! I love it too! I came from a few BBs (among other phones) so this is different for me. Used to be a T-Mobile Tech (in Tier 2) and never was into their Android devices for some reason. The network was definitely a weak point as well. But I am really liking the Droid!
    Sweet sound quality fix! Worked like a charm!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    LG G2 (formerly G Nexus)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serialkilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    Hey there viperboy, thanks for joining. I would also like to thank you for extending your services for this site and it's users. We will try to keep this thread on topic, and if you need any help with that just send a PM and we will see what we can do about it
    Thanks very much! I would love to one day make it to a mod here, always thought that would be cool . Thanks, I will let you know if any problems arise.

Huge thread, I will try to read through all of it at a later time. I have been getting this in the store alot. Here is what you can do to improve call quality. I have done this on every customer's Droid.

##7764726 (##PROGRAM)
    CALL Button
    Enter SPC Password - 000000
    VERIFY
    04 Vocode
    Select EVRC-B

This will change how the phone compresses and decompresses call audio. Seems to work really well, I have noticed and improvement for sure and I no longer get the "you sound like you're underwater" complaints from people I talk to. Give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Great to have more help on the forum and a certified Verizon Tech at that!

Welcome to the forum. Might want to check out the Tech Issue section of the forum and start from there?

I personally don't have any problems at all with my Droid and am 100% completely happy with it.
    Good to hear you like your phone! I love it too! I came from a few BBs (among other phones) so this is different for me. Used to be a T-Mobile Tech (in Tier 2) and never was into their Android devices for some reason. The network was definitely a weak point as well. But I am really liking the Droid!
    Sweet sound quality fix! Worked like a charm!

Hope this link:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...65ACB22D.node0

Helps for those of us that are like "OK WHY does EVRC-B make it better and what is EVRC?"

I was one of those people that had to search google before I made the change to know why...lol.
Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Links