DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 79 of 108 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by roboid View Post
    Viperboy - Is there any way to turn off text messaging? I don't want to receive spam messages as I have to pay for each text (no plan).
    Just call verizon. They were very nice and turned off texting for me. You're supposed to be able to turn off text from web and email (which stops most spam) from the VZW website (Privacy Safeguards-->Texting I think), but I tried that for 4 days in a row and had only "we can't do that from the web at this time" so I called.

On the phone they were willing to turn off all texts. Note that T-mobile wouldn't do this when I was with them so I had to pay for junk texts for two years before my switch this month!!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    great thread. answered many questions.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Hi, thanks for keeping up with us, and Happy New Year!

I have a question about the camera. If I take a photo in landscape/horizontal mode, when I transfer it to my computer, it comes out oriented correctly (proper side up). But if I take the picture in portrait/vertical orientation, when I view it on my computer, it comes out rotated 90 degrees sideways as if the camera were still in landscape mode.

In my settings, I have it set to scene mode "auto", not landscape or portrait, so it shouldn't be locked to landscape, but it seems to be.

When I lock the camera to portrait in scene mode in settings, it STILL shows as a landscape file when downloaded to my computer - rotated 90 degrees sideways

The weird thing is that when I view the photos in the Droid's photo viewer, they come out with proper orientation up. So the Droid knows what's supposed to be the proper side up. But when they get sent out, it all defaults to landscape.

Is there a setting I'm missing or a way that makes this work other than manually rotating them in a photo editor?

It's really frustrating, as most of the photos I take are portrait/vertical orientation, and I'd like to upload them straight to facebook without first downloading and editing them to the proper orientation.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon Tech here - ask away!-auto-vertical-portrait.jpg   Verizon Tech here - ask away!-auto-landscape.jpg   Verizon Tech here - ask away!-vertical-locked-portrait.jpg  
    Last edited by cchhiipp; 01-01-2010 at 07:00 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    my droid keeps on resetting itself.... has anyone else had this problem....
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GstoEnvy View Post

I've had this happen two times in two months, while others have it happen a lot. While it's possible it's due a bad phone, more likely it's caused by a misbehaving app. I'd suggest removing the last few apps you added to see if that clears it up. Failing that then something has corrupted memory so make sure everything is backed up or synced, and then do a factory reset (under settings).
  6. Droid
    Member #
    TIme to get this right - I've put up with the screen timeout constantly resetting to 1 minute for couple of months now. Is there a way to set the screen timeout to something other than 1 minute and have that become the default for the phone? I know how to find the screen timeout setting and make the change, but there doesn't seem to be any way to save the new setting so that the phone remembers what I want it to be.

Norm
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Can I save contacts on the sd card, to save space?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by normwerner View Post
    TIme to get this right - I've put up with the screen timeout constantly resetting to 1 minute for couple of months now. Is there a way to set the screen timeout to something other than 1 minute and have that become the default for the phone? I know how to find the screen timeout setting and make the change, but there doesn't seem to be any way to save the new setting so that the phone remembers what I want it to be.

Norm
    Hopefully viperboy can tell you why your screen timeout selection is not saving to the phone.

In the meantime, there is an app in the market called Screebl Lite that will keep the screen on while you are using it. It uses the phone's sensors to recognize the angle of the phone and will keep the screen on when it's within angles that you set, and turn it off when it's outside of them. No need to keep touching the screen to keep it on. Pretty nifty little app!
    Last edited by JessiesGirl; 01-01-2010 at 09:07 AM.
  9. tjs
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think thats where they are stored
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GstoEnvy View Post
    I don't have an answer for you. but can you describe in more detail what you mean by "resetting itself"?

That will help folks in assisting you with troubleshooting the issue.
Page 79 of 108 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast

Links