DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Tech here - ask away!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Viperboy please help, I did the update for the droid but it deleted all but 30 of my contacts. Which means I lost about 400 numbers. I pulled the battery, that didn't work. This is my first "smart phone" so I had yet to figure out how to backup to anywhere and the backup assistant I had previously I haven't figured out how to put on the phone. Please help, I am hysterical over here! Thanks in advance and I hope you have a fix for me.
  2. Jef
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Do we know if the Verizon is aware of the Browser lag issue introduced in the 2.0.1 update?

It's starting to get alot of reports on the Google Code bug page.

I posted about the details, and video example of it here:

Browser Issue with Verizon Droid 2.0.1 Update - JefTek.com

If Verizon is aware of it, do we know if they have any plans on when a patch might be available? Will it have to wait till January?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2 ROOTED
    thanx dude for helping out
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by bflogirl32 View Post
    Viperboy please help, I did the update for the droid but it deleted all but 30 of my contacts. Which means I lost about 400 numbers. I pulled the battery, that didn't work. This is my first "smart phone" so I had yet to figure out how to backup to anywhere and the backup assistant I had previously I haven't figured out how to put on the phone. Please help, I am hysterical over here! Thanks in advance and I hope you have a fix for me.
    Log into your gmail account on the computer and check your contact list. If they are missing there as well, then they are gone for good. Hopefully you still have the contacts on your previous phone and can re-import them?

For everyone, it's a good idea to use the gmail account on the computer to export your contacts as a backup. Apparently this is especially important to do before any OS update.

Edit: Someone had posted this in another thread regarding missing contacts after the update -
    "Anyway, thought they were gone, but it was simply a setting on the phone that had changed. For some reason the update changed a 'display' setting in contacts that only displayed contacts flagged as 'My Contacts." (even though I had never flagged any contacts any such way) Once I re-checked 'All Other Contacts' everyone reappeared."
    Last edited by Droids; 12-11-2009 at 09:37 AM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drooooooid
    Hey Viper, thanks for taking the time of joining the forum!

quick question (ill probably have more later). going through my contacts after the update and all my contacts have 3-4 facebook icons to view their profiles instead of one. anyway to fix this to only show 1 like before the update?
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 855

Update, contacts, factory reset

Hi Viper,

It's great that you take the time to look in on this forum. I'm sure everyone appreciates your help and time.

This morning my wife's phone got the OTA update and she updated to 2.0.1. After that she started getting the sync error of "Too many deletes" for her gmail contacts. Interestingly enough, I had gotten the same error when I updated. What I did was I exported my contacts on gmail then on my phone I responded to that error with "delete". That seemed to do the trick for me. However, my wife chose "undo deletes" and now a bunch of her contacts are screwed up. For instance, her contact for mine now shows three entries when she edits the contact; each one a little different.

Also, now her contacts won't sync. She's getting the "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." message. I suspect she's going to have to clean up the mess that happened in her contacts (because of the update?) before they'll sync again. It also seems her gmail (email) isn't syncing either. Have you seen this happen to anyone before? If one of the three gmail syncs (calendar, email, contacts) gets an error does it tend to screw up the syncing abilities of the others?

Related to that, I was thinking it might just be easier if she deleted her gmail account from her phone and re-add it; thinking that deleting it would nuke all her contacts and she could resync it from gmail. But when she tried to delete it the phone told her she couldn't (sorry, don't remember the exact error). That being said, how painful is it to do a factory reset? I've seen mention of it on the forums but haven't seen any instructions on what you have to do AFTER the reset to get your phone back to where it was. Do you have any instructions on how to do this?

Thanks for any help!

-Gary
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    thanks for taking your time to help us all out.

Myself and others have reported that doing a Voice search (even in car home mode) and saying "call Joe Doe Mobile" will always do a google web search and never go into phone mode. saying "dial 555-1212" does the same thing. Voice search always goes straight to the web search. Some users have no problem, others like myself do.

any ideas?

Thanks.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Viper,

Myself and a few others have noticed a slight screen calibration issue that requires the user to touch slightly above the intended target. Others have not seen this, have you seen or heard of this?

Could it just be my unit?

I am talking slightly higher like 1/16 or 1/8 of a inch. I am a previous Itouch user and believe the calibration on the touch was much better.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

video sms

Is the any way of viewing video clips that are sent in text messages
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bflogirl32 View Post
    When you got your Droid you must have signed up for a gmail account. All your contacts should be in your gmail account and you should be able to sync those to the phone. Check your gmail account and make sure that your contacts are there.
Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Links